Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about a month of the 6 month warranty left and I am considering buying the extended warranty,, just curious what everyone thinks.. Is it worth $500.00 + dollars for another 3 years or not??

Thanks for you input; Jeff

·
Registered
226 Posts
definately......................NOT!!!! Well, at least I wouldn't. My buddy paid for a 2 year warrenty. One day, we were out riding for about 2 hours. Took a break, got back on the quads, but for some reason his wouldn't start up. Tried everything, even push start, nothing. He tried taking it to the dealership, they looked at it (took about 1 1/2 months). Then they called him up and said that something was wrong in the engine. It was an internal defect, but then they tried blaming it on my buddy. Trying every possible thing to try to blame the error on him so they woudln't have to fix it (for free....b/c of the warrenty). They told him, "didn't you let it warm up for 10min before each ride?" ..... "you must have broken in the engine wrong".... "ect..ect...ect"...I don't know if all yamaha dealerships are that way, but the one here is..and that's why I would definately not reccomend you waste your cash on that.... Sheeeesh, with $500...you got yourself a PCIII and ProFlow intake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow thats some rubbish from the yamaha dealership you guys were at. they just should have fixed the damn thing

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes,I have a good relationship with my dealer.I think it all has to do with your relationship with your dealer.My brothers & I all bought our quads from the same place.One has a 04 YFZ450 thats been in for repair many times with out a problem.I alway keep all my receipts for maintenace supplies(Incase there is a problem).I had the Y.E.S. warrenty on my 660 & had to take it in like 3 times in two years(no problems).

D

·
0 Posts
I'm in the same boat except they wanted $$926 dollars for the extended warranty. I'm passing for now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here in florida i paid $750 when i bought my used 04 660 and i already took it twice....
secont time they changed all gaskets and the work was about $1200.00 so it was worthed... You never know what could happen!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
My bro hit some whoops and broke his subframe. The owner of my dealership told yamaha that he was riding with us and the sub frame just broke. yamaha is covering a new sub frame, headlight, throttle box, body, rear grab bar. so HELL YES get the extended warranty, you would be stupid not to

if they try to blame shit on you, go in there yelling and ask them to prove it, they cant unless they were riding with you, and if they still dont budge, threaten to take to court, and they will give in like no tomorrow. thats what i had to do with my dirt bikes. i blew my engine 3 times in 4 years, and got a new one every time for free.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Read the fine print of the warrenty! If you are a complete mechanical retard than buy it. If you some mechanical ability than get the factory shop manual, most of the mechanics I've seen at dealers use them religiously. I use mine all the time, it was money well spent considering most shops charge $70.00 an hour or more for service so the manual will only run you about 45 min worth...lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
Read the fine print of the warrenty! If you are a complete mechanical retard than buy it. If you some mechanical ability than get the factory shop manual, most of the mechanics I've seen at dealers use them religiously. I use mine all the time, it was money well spent considering most shops charge $70.00 an hour or more for service so the manual will only run you about 45 min worth...lol
im pretty much a mechanical retard :lol: so im guessing i should go with one

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a buddy who bought the warranty and when he had a problem he called them up and the dealer said the extended warranty only covers manufacturers defects. Sounded like bull to me, but then what do I know.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I went ahead and got the 4 year extended warranty when I got my 700R. It was $680. I figured that since this is a brand new machine...then there's a chance of serious defects. Besides...I figured that I would do something stupid within the next 4 years and wouldnt want to pay for it. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for your input,,, I think I am going to go ahead and get it,, I hope I never need it but if nothing else maybe in a couple of years when it is time to upgrade, Ill have better luck selling it with remaining warranty,,,

Change of subject,, check this thing out,,, I wish we could ride our quads on the street here in the US..

Thanks; Jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supermoto-Front-Shocks-Yamaha-YFZ450-Raptor-350-660-700_W0QQitemZ160048964308QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43974QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts