Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 raptor 660. 686 big bore with open airbox/k&n. Big guns slip on exhaust
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixed this 03 660 that came to me with a bad one way. Replaced head gasket with oem and rebuilt carbs. I noticed I Wasent getting spark and found about 7 frayed and 1 severed wires on the middle plug to the cdi. Fixed and still no spark. I swapped the cdi with one from my 04 660 and it starts right up and idles great. So the video I'm posting is with my cdi in it for testing. There was a ton of white smoke from the headers and out of the exhaust and intake at first. Its died down alot but in the video you can still see some. Its go no throttle past idle. I tried upping the pilots to 25s and raised the mains to 145/150s since its open airbox/ exhaust but no improvements. Exhaust does not smell rich at all. Keep in mind my elevation is 5300. Ive set the valves and timing was good when I put the head back on. Maybe one of our expert techs can jump in on this.
Popping over idle

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, ill start there and also do the rev limiter at the same time

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I spliced in to ground green/white wire for reverse delete and I unplugged the parking brake sensor ( unplugged the wrong one at first) thanks @t web2007 .This did let me fully rev out the bike but its still backfires really bad and see an occasional flame. Hopefully @QuadManiac Will see this and can help me figure out my jetting since he's the pro at that stuff.

I'm kinda wondering if a bad stator would cause a issue like this since the cdi got fried from the frayed wires. Anyone have any other ideas?
The bike sat for like 5 years so I also worry about things like stuck rings, I noticed some oil coming from the exhaust joint where the pipe meets the muffler tube like its got blowbuy however it starts with ease and seems to have great compression.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts