Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am still having problems with my low end and pilots ..what is the number of turns on the screws for factory settings. I am going back to my stock pilots and turns and try that. I am running 165/170 mains with needle lifted one clip, and the plug after this weekend of racing was a perfect brown, the only problem i have is when i am in a straight away wide open then on the brakes to come into the corner, when i get on the throttle coming out of the corner it wants to die( at lower RPM's)...if i can keep the revs up its fine. (actually its awesome!!!)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Fuel mixture screws don't really have a stock setting, they're supposed to be tweaked by the dealer for the local area. Most are around 1.5 to 2.0 turns.

Have you tried checking your floats?

What were you running with the old pilots as far as turns in/out?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had stock pilots and never toched the screws....until i took off the lid then went straight to 25 pilots...started having the problem so tried 27.5 pilots...and still had the problem...i am at about 2700 ft-3000ft, so i am guessing it is rich at the bottom end which i find funny..

one question...do the fuel screws only adjust the air/fuel mixture for the low end...?or what exactly do they adjust...becasue once the RPM goes up you can hear and feel the engine just all of asudden GRAB and take off..i am guessing this in when the mains start to have effect??

I though i new what was goin on but i am getting more confused as it goes along...i check the level with the clear tube method and it was almost exactly perfect 3mm as explained in the sticky.

How do the floats work with the pilots???

Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts