Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I locate the adjustments for a factory carburetor? I didn't count the turns on my needles because I figured the OEM manual would have it, but I guess not..

LEFT CARB
main jet--140
pilot jet--22.5
starter---95
pilot air--80

RIGHT CARB
main jet-145
pilot jet-22.5
pilot air-150

How many turns do each of those need to be for factory settings? I could only find out the fuel screws which should be about 2 turns out.

Everything is completely stock and I've read all the stickies but couldn't find any of these settings for a stock setup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I too have searched for the answer and I've decided that there's no decisive formula because every rappy is different. It's just trial and error. Start at 1/2 turn out is what I did and adjusted 1/4 at a time. Mine landed on 1 1/4. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
What adjustments are you looking for? The needle should be on the third clip. You have all the other stock adjustments.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What adjustments are you looking for? The needle should be on the third clip. You have all the other stock adjustments.
Yea, I noticed it. I'm not too familiar with carburetors and wasn't sure if all those jets just screw in until they bottom or if there is an actual setting like the fuel mixture screws.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yea, I noticed it. I'm not too familiar with carburetors and wasn't sure if all those jets just screw in until they bottom or if there is an actual setting like the fuel mixture screws.
Mains and pilot jets are screwed in until they bottom............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts