Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this makes me look dumb...

But doesn't HSBC have my title since it's financed with the Yamaha Factory Financing?

I got that two years at 3.9% deal... then like 12% after that. So if I sell this quad and buy a new one next year or something, would that deal still apply? Or does that offer run out two years from the date of opening the credit account?

Basically I'm asking if that two years at 3.9 would start over if I bought a new one. :unsure:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
pewterpecker said:
Ok, so this makes me look dumb...

But doesn't HSBC have my title since it's financed with the Yamaha Factory Financing?

I got that two years at 3.9% deal... then like 12% after that. So if I sell this quad and buy a new one next year or something, would that deal still apply? Or does that offer run out two years from the date of opening the credit account?

Basically I'm asking if that two years at 3.9 would start over if I bought a new one. :unsure:
HSBC is the assigned lienholder. Some states are title holding states, some are not. If you sell your bike, send in the remaining balace and HSBC will provide you with a lien release. It usually takes ten days if you pay by personal check.

Incentives change regularly, so they might have a promotional APR, cash back, or something different. Check with your local dealer, or visit Yamaha's website for any current promotions.

~Brian

·
Registered
735 Posts
HSBC screwed me, or it was the loan insurance they offer, lost my job (supposed to be covered) couldnt get ahold of them to kick the insurance in... late on a payment and the dropped the insurance. WTF? So I screwed HSBC, let the loan default....they kept calling me and said they were gonna repo the bike, I told them they can have it, its at the bottom of a cliff I accidently drove off. (hell yeah I lied to em....) they kicked my intrest up to 29% I told them they live on the intrest, so to totally screw them, I paid the loan off completly and they got no more intrest. Yeh, it jacked my credit up at the time, but im in no market to buy anything else anyway...got a house, got a truck, new car, pleanty of toys....my credit is much better now, and I get better offers for loans etc now too. Honda has a better loan policy, its not a revolving intrest rate like the creditcard HSBC shit (think about it would you put 7 grand on a credit card...essentailly, I did)

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Any kind of revolving account (which is any credit card) can bite you in the arse. They key as you all know is to pay more so you don't get jabbed with thehigher rates after the promontional rate ends. When I bought mine in 2003, it was 0% for one year. I was offered the insurance but declined it.

Funny how they push the insurance off on you, but aren't there to take your calls when you need it. In the event that this happens again, you should call the insurance commissioner of your state to file a report.

~Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts