Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what makes the bike run hot and trigger the fan to come on? i know this is a general question but i will try to explain it. my friend and i have the same bike and same yr (08 700r)....and we always ride together. and heres the part i cant explain, my fan is constantly on and his hardly comes on. i did a day trip to the dunes the other day and my fan turned on within 20 minutes. does this have to do anything with the break in period when we first purchased the bikes? have to do with mapping and fuel? would engine ice help keep the bike run cooler? thanks for your help.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
there is a chance your themostat is faulty. it's easy to check, just whip it out and chuck it in a pan of water, heat the water and you should see it open. The manual has the specs for temp. vs % open :)

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
If your temp light isn't coming on why do you care?
This always confuses me. The fan is there for a purpose...

:edited: some people ride different than others...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your temp light isn't coming on why do you care?
This always confuses me. The fan is there for a purpose...

:edited: some people ride different than others...
my fan motor went out two trips ago so i got that replaced. im more curious than anything, why is my fan constantly on compared to my friends which is hardly on? im not worried about it but like to understand what could cause that.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
From my experience, the fan pretty much only comes on at slow/idle speed... This is how all the Raptors I've ridden behaved. We don't have any extremely high temps here though, I guess in the desert it might run more often...

IMHO everyone should have a temp gauge on their bike. The dummy light isn't the best way to keep an eye on things. I got a gauge from TQS a while bike and I really enjoy having some real time info on what is going on in there.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From my experience, the fan pretty much only comes on at slow/idle speed... This is how all the Raptors I've ridden behaved. We don't have any extremely high temps here though, I guess in the desert it might run more often...

IMHO everyone should have a temp gauge on their bike. The dummy light isn't the best way to keep an eye on things. I got a gauge from TQS a while bike and I really enjoy having some real time info on what is going on in there.
thats probably a good idea. ive always wonder what the actual temp is when im riding. i think im gonna look into the trail tech vapor or which ever one has the temp option. thanks qcraptor.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know Acewell has the temp sensor. Here's what I'm using:

http://www.tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=universal-esr-temp-gauge
ok cool...ive looked at the those before and related brands. id like to get that one at least but thinking of spending a little bit more money and getting the trail tech with more options. my bike is an 08 so i dont have the trip like the newer ones have. just need to learn about the trail tech and get some reviews before purchasing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.