Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 raptor 700 overheated and found out that the fan was not turning on after running some troubleshooting I found out it was the fan relay. I found one on eBay that has the same prong lay out. I attached the said relay. Will this work? Or does anyone know of a reliable source to get a new relay?

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
As long it is the same prong lay out that should be what you need.

Reactions: Wgill37

·
Registered
2002 Raptor660 limited edition
12 Posts
My 07 raptor 700 overheated and found out that the fan was not turning on after running some troubleshooting I found out it was the fan relay. I found one on eBay that has the same prong lay out. I attached the said relay. Will this work? Or does anyone know of a reliable source to get a new relay?
Bypass the relay and put it on a switch that's what I did that way there you could turn your fan on anytime you want

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got one of the first 06's when they (700R) came out and my bike was overheating. Turned out there was a service bulletin on this where the fan relay wasn't fully plugged in from the factory. Double checked, and sure enough, it wasn't locked into place. Pushed it in tight and never had another issue for the next 9 years I owned the quad. May not be your problem but figured it would be worth checking and if someone does a search on here it would be relevant information to some.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced the fan relay. It’s still overheating. Just checked the thermostat and that’s working fine. Next step is water pump. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
9,546 Posts
Is the fan kicking on after relay install? Can you provide power to the fan by itself to confirm it works otherwise?

·
Registered
38 Posts
As morphrider says, make a jumper to make sure the fan works. My buddy fought with a similar problem trying to figure out why the fan wouldn't come on. Turned out, the motor in the fan was just shot. New fan fixed the issue. But it could be a bad plug or wire to the fan so I'd start there to make sure that it isn't the obvious. If you can run a jumper to the plug and the fan comes on, that's good. But you will also want to make sure wiring to the fan is good all the way down the harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts