Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 700 with Flex handle bars and my steering stem is bent. I am thinking of going with a +2 steering stem. It is so close to the plastic. I have kinda adapted... Should I go with that or a +1? Also, I was thinking Houser or Alba steering steams....Any suggestions/ support reasons?

Thanks GUYS

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a +1 houser with anti-vibe stem with flex bars and i like it. Im only 5'8.5" so it works for me. I think there is enough cable and wire for a +2 but not positive.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,733 Posts
+2 is stretching it for factory cables. If so, Motion Pro clutch and throttle cables are 2in longer then factory.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
06 700 with Flex handle bars and my steering stem is bent. I am thinking of going with a +2 steering stem. It is so close to the plastic. I have kinda adapted... Should I go with that or a +1? Also, I was thinking Houser or Alba steering steams....Any suggestions/ support reasons?

Thanks GUYS
I'd lean towards the Houser stem. How tall are you? I'm 5'11 and prefer the plus two inch stem for aggressive riding while standing.

270-774-1982

Thanks GUYS

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Flex bars and rox anti vibe riser. Love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the response I need to do something. I was also leaning towards the Houser.

KB Motorsports, YA I am 5'10" so I am going to figure +2 with probably the cables that DEZPERADO suggested.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,733 Posts
KB Motorsports is a reputable forum vendor. Don't worry about purchasing from them.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
They have varying degrees of flex to help with rider fatigue. My wrists, upper back and shoulders dont hurt as bad after riding all day or doing some moto. Some people hate them, some like/love them. I love mine. It was a very hard decision for me to make between the flexx or precision bar clamps.

Reactions: Joshua A Treace

·
Registered
79 Posts
Flex bars and rox anti vibe riser. Love it.
I've been looking at the Rox 2" anti vibe risers. Any negative feedback on them? The one I found is two separate pieces, any excessive flexing or moving in the bars?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Flex can be adjusted by tightening or loosening the nuts. They will rub the tank. So got a couple of bar clamps and put on the bottom of the other ones and longer bolts to lift it up just enough

·
Registered
356 Posts
I personally went with the precision stabilizer. I'm not young anymore so having either the flexx bars or a stabilizer definitely helps at the end of the day. I was looking at the flexx bars, but they wouldn't work with the dashboard that I have.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
72 Posts
I personally went with the precision stabilizer. I'm not young anymore so having either the flexx bars or a stabilizer definitely helps at the end of the day. I was looking at the flexx bars, but they wouldn't work with the dashboard that I have.
Is using both the precision stabilizer with the flex bars overkill ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts