Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it our raptor? :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im leaning more towards acceleration. Top end doesnt mean much if it takes years to get there, wind at your back, downhill etc.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It doesn't take the Outlander very long to get there. The thing has 65hp! stock. It's only 630lbs, which for a sport ute is pretty light...compare that to Polarass Sportsman which is over 800lbs. The new Renegade 800 is about 75lbs less then the Outlander, set up for sport riding. It will be king of the drags. Keep in mind, with a sport bike, you loose accel. and quarter mile times through shifting gears. The CVT trans bikes are always in the right ratio and on the power.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yis sireeeeee buddy

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm assuming it is, previously held by the LT500, "Quadzilla" in the late 80's early 90's.
I wouldn't say the LT500r. I'm thinking it was the Banshee... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what about today, someone said the shee is a goner

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
onelunglow said:
I'm assuming it is, previously held by the LT500, "Quadzilla" in the late 80's early 90's.
I wouldn't say the LT500r. I'm thinking it was the Banshee... :thumbsup:
A built Banshee yes.

Bone stock, the LT500 out of the box would eat a Banshee's lunch in a straight line. The LT500 churned out wicked power and had a top speed of 75 mph out of the box. The only advantage the Banshee had was the suspension. Dump $500-1000 in a Banshee, it would compete with the LT500

I used to own a 500, and it was a fun bike to ride. The Banshee was lighter and cornered a lot better that the Suzuki.

Next to the old Honda 250R, the Banshee was probably the most successful quad ever made.

~Brian

·
Registered
154 Posts
u are all wrong about todays fastest quad. that record belongs to BMW's GG street legal quad. it tops out at about 110 mph. but sense no body is really going to spend almost 50 grand on the quad, and that it would be useless off road, there is no point to even qualify it as the fastest quads. but those can-am renagade 800's would most likely pass a raptor 700 at 40 mph and never look back.

·
Registered
779 Posts
fastatvman said:
u are all wrong about todays fastest quad. that record belongs to BMW's GG street legal quad. it tops out at about 110 mph. but sense no body is really going to spend almost 50 grand on the quad, and that it would be useless off road, there is no point to even qualify it as the fastest quads. but those can-am renagade 800's would most likely pass a raptor 700 at 40 mph and never look back.
Exactly, and that's not saying anything bad about the Raptor or anything else. The bone stock Outlander hits over 80mph. Throw an exhaust, better tires, Dobeck and air filter on it, people are getting well over 90 mph with ease. Again, I say that is absolutely nuts to even think of. I've done over a 100mph on my sled on the most perfect conditions, and that is scary, on a balloon tire atv? no way!

I just traded in my Outlander 800. Good bike but way overpriced for what you get. The motor is excellent, but the rest of the bike is lower then entry level. But hey, to each their own. All it takes is money.

MK

·
Registered
108 Posts
Now that the Renegade is out, take a bunch of weight off that outlander, make it look sportier and keep the 4WD & IRS and you have a pretty spiffy quad.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright, so the rappy isnt on top.... :( but now.... you can modify the quads is the rappy up there now? Remember, is has to be a quad in production now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think it should give a Raptor 700 a good run.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
......IN an absolute flat straight out run I think it could possibly give a raptor a run, BUT that thing has some serious weight issues, and I dont believe that renegade puts out 65 RWHP....thats probably motor power. If thats rear wheel, thats like saying it has an 80hp motor in it....and I dont believe that either.
If what I am thinking is correct, a 65 hp motor going threw a CVT is going to put out approx 55 HP max to the rear tires. (for example a YZ450 has a 61hp motor, and puts out about 48hp to the wheel, with knobbies though). Our raptors have about a 48hp motor and going threw a manual clutch puts out a shade over 40 RWHP with slicks. If our motors are loosing approx 8hp, I would think the canam is loosing an EASY 10hp with slicks)
You figure that into a dry weight of 597lbs, NOT 630, and you get a power to weight ratio of of 10.8lbs per HP.
You take the 700's RWHP of 40.0 and match it to its 396 dry lbs and you get a ratio of 9.9lbs per HP.

Thats "IF" that renegade even puts out 55hp to the tires. Remember, its driving a transfer case, its shaft driven, it CVT, and its going through cv joints which are all power robbers. I highly doubt its JUST loosing 10hp threw all that, when we with manual clutch's, chain driven, straight axle guys are loosing 8hp!

I personally think, and would bet that in a straight line race that renegade is going to be left in the dust, and then in the upper gears it will start coming up on the raptor. Thats just basing off what I have heard about with there crazy 80mph + stock speeds.

I think some of you are being clouded with 800cc's and cvt, and this rumored 65hp........all I am saying is I would just LOVE to see a dyno. Its not going to be 65 at the tires, and IF it is, that motor has got to be a 80+ hp engine...which I also dont see likely...haha.

Other than speed, there is NO possible argument that the renegade will come close to the raptor 700 in all other performance catagories. For ute catagories it will walk all over the raptor, being that the raptor is a sport quad...but for sport performance catagories, I would like to see one thing that it even does close to the raptor 700.
Here is Canam's specs: http://www.brp.com/en/Products/CanAm/Showroom/ProductSpecs.htm?productID=Renegade
Here is yamaha's specs: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/543/0/specs.aspx

In short,ABSOLUTE GAME OVER FOR THE RENEGADE IF YOUR NOT IN A STRAIGHT LINE OR RIDING SPORT QUAD TERRAIN!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh, and I would say the previous quad was the quadzilla 500, which was indeed faster than the banshee...but they stopped making it adter only a couple years. Then I would say it was the Banshee. The the YFZ came out, and now all the 450's are damn close. Then they came out with the Raptor 700....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts