Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what all I need to convert from stock to 1 1/8" bars.Just a new set of clamps & bars?I would like to get rid of the plastic dash but keep the lights.

Post some pics of what you guys have to give me some ideas.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah thats pretty much all you need and if you dont want the plastic dash you need to buy an aftermarket to hold the lights

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its funny you ask that. Im in the process of doing that myself. I just bought a pair of Pro Taper SE ATV bars for my rappy (installed those two days ago) and I have this on the way, below you'll find the phat bar clamp im gettin to replace that stock POS. Its halfway down the page, the black anodized aluminium one, its so tight!!! cant wait to get it 8)

http://modquad.com/store/search_results.asp?page=12&txtsearchParamTxt=%2A&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=45&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtDateAddedEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtPriceEnd=&txtSale=&iLevel=1&subcat=45

·
Registered
176 Posts
Someone told me that its better to keep stock dia. bars cause if you do roll, the smaller diameter bars will bend easier, taking some of the shock away from the steering stem.

They said cheaper to replace the bars than the stem.

Who knows?

·
Registered
657 Posts
twistedwedge said:
Someone told me that its better to keep stock dia. bars cause if you do roll, the smaller diameter bars will bend easier, taking some of the shock away from the steering stem.

Who knows?
I feel the same way. :thumbsup: $15.00 or 75.00.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
those clamps are cool. I would get the red one, i have red and white rappy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
wickmaster said:
twistedwedge said:

Who knows?
I feel the same way. :thumbsup: $15.00 or 75.00.

I agree. I hardly rolled my bike over, like a slow motion roll and I caught it before it went all the way over. Bars were fine FMF fat bars 1 1/8 but I bent my steering stem. $299.99 for a new one :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
tcoche said:
Its funny you ask that. Im in the process of doing that myself. I just bought a pair of Pro Taper SE ATV bars for my rappy (installed those two days ago) and I have this on the way, below you'll find the phat bar clamp im gettin to replace that stock POS. Its halfway down the page, the black anodized aluminium one, its so tight!!! cant wait to get it 8)

http://modquad.com/store/search_results.asp?page=12&txtsearchParamTxt=%2A&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=45&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtDateAddedEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtPriceEnd=&txtSale=&iLevel=1&subcat=45
Why do you need a phat bar clamp for the pro taper SE's? I have the protapers myself and the SE stands for "seven-eighths" bars while the phat bar clamp is for 1 1/8's

·
Registered
16 Posts
:(

Yeah thanks for pointing out how retarded I am JASON!!!! LMAO......Im new to this stuff so I wasnt exactly sure what to get. I loved the pro taper bars and I saw that clamp and loved it so I bought em...live and learn huh!! Ive only had my quad for a few weeks and I now returned my pro taper bars cuz they obviously dont fit! Where can I find 1 1/8 bars??? thanks! I want inexpensive ones. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
well actually, Im thinking about returning that phat bar clamp and getting a different style clamp. whatever is cheaper...how expensive are these phat bars???

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just keep the handlebar clamp bolts a little loose, but tight enough you cant move them easily, so when you roll they just fold

·
Registered
16 Posts
well i would keep them loose a lil bit but those pro taper bars wont fit in that phat br 1 1/8'' clamp. should i just return the clamp and get one that fits regular style bars?? probably cheaper huh

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Uh...duh? 7/8 wont fit in 1 1/8 so yeah you should return it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lol :grin_nod:, I hoped you would see it before you ordered the clamp, the SE's are real nice bars though, and I've heard that since the fat bars won't bend as easily if you roll it, you're more likely to damage the steering stem with the 1 1/8's

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts