Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
It seems like having twice the HP than stock would be harder on a stock chain, than having a bigger guy on a stock chain. Seems odd to me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like having twice the HP than stock would be harder on a stock chain, than having a bigger guy on a stock chain. Seems odd to me...
ITS ONLY 520 ARE YOU DRUNK ALLREADY??? i never said anything about hp vs rider weight = as far as chain wear....all im saying is that im heavier than most riders ive allways been hard on chains....sometimes the obvious is odd i guess

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
No, I am not drunk. I just dont see why the little bit of extra weight would make that much of a difference. If you want a good chain, get a D.I.D. or Sidewinder...

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Why are all you BIG guys riding little 686 quads! hahahah I eat a chain and sprockets every 100hrs. as well as tires and brakes You need to ride it till it brakes and then fix it... oh just so you know I go 280lb and I ride with 2 or 3 300lb+ guys... How many use the 530 chain?

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I run a 530 and I know only a couple other people that run 530's. But we run them because 520's wont hold the TQ of some bigger motors. So i dont see how they couldnt be helpful in a heavy load application.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Where would you get 530 sprockets for the raptor? Is that all that is reguired ( and chain) or do you have to shave some of the motor to accommodate for the bigger sprocket and chain?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Why are all you BIG guys riding little 686 quads! hahahah I eat a chain and sprockets every 100hrs. as well as tires and brakes You need to ride it till it brakes and then fix it... oh just so you know I go 280lb and I ride with 2 or 3 300lb+ guys... How many use the 530 chain?
You calling me fat????? lol

And i'm not 300! lol

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I got my 530 chain and front sprockets from Racers Edge and got some 530 aluminum rears cut for me from PBI. You might have to do some work to chain guides/slider/saver, depending. No modifications to the motor or anything and you might want to get longer bolts for the rear sprocket due to it being thicker.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got my 530 chain and front sprockets from Racers Edge and got some 530 aluminum rears cut for me from PBI. You might have to do some work to chain guides/slider/saver, depending. No modifications to the motor or anything and you might want to get longer bolts for the rear sprocket due to it being thicker.
Thanks, case saver bolt broke, so no saver, and after market swing arm I never installed guide on. Do have a slider. When I get ready to order one I'll make changes that are nessasary . I want to do this for strength, so I don't ever break a chain again. At least I hope I won't , I am afraid the next time it will bust my case wide open.

·
Registered
35 Posts
im 6"4 320ish (depending if im training/cutting or on downtime) i never had an issue , and i beat the snot out of the bike, i just upgrade to the standard performance stuff..

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Thanks, case saver bolt broke, so no saver, and after market swing arm I never installed guide on. Do have a slider. When I get ready to order one I'll make changes that are nessasary . I want to do this for strength, so I don't ever break a chain again. At least I hope I won't , I am afraid the next time it will bust my case wide open.
Well the chain I got from RE is a top of the line 530 chain and I have used it for sand drag racing. Launching off the line with the throttle pegged and dropping the clutch in 2nd gear and grabbing clutch and 3rd with never letting off the throttle, my bike weighs about 400 lbs and I weigh about 140-145 geared up, oh and with 75 ft lbs of TQ. Not one problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts