Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 raptor 700, I wanted to know if anyone my size has done long travel and what brand shocks and arms? I am 6'5" 250 lbs and all I seem to see is valving for the scrawny 160-190 lb riders.....any info would help. :3question: :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am in the same situation at 6'6" 270 and elka can valve long travel shocks for different styles of riding and people in our weight class. any long travel a arm will support these shocks. all long travel shocks are set up for your needs and specifications.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SWEET THANX FOR THE REPLY.......EVRYTHING SEEMS TO BE MORE DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE OUR SIZE

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i am like 6'1 260, and i was adjusting my stock suspension last weekend, and for the rear i turned the preload all the way to max cuz of my weight,and then i went up 2 settings on the other 2, what is it, compression and rebound? i have yet to ride it, but when i sat on it, it didn't fell any differnt,, i forgot to measure my ride sag height, but dang, i though i would jump on and it would be stiff as hell, but i dunno, i havn't got to ride, i guess i'll find out sunday, anyone else adjust their stock and think it still felt soft?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm 6'5" 260, on the front YFZ shocks I ended up about 4 full turns tighter on the springs and about 6 clicks softer on the rebound and dampning. On the rear shock I have yet to do anything with the spring from stock but again I softend it up a few clicks. It really helped on the hi-speed bumps, whoops and braking bumps on the track. I guess I've been lucky so far with the jumping, just enough kick in the rear to get the back end up with out trying to hard. I've yet to fully bottom out the shocks. I use less air and more speed unless I have to double, than I try to time it so I don't have to get stupidly huge amounts of air but yet not to case it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guys I'm 6'3 240lbs and I'v just installed the i5500 complete set, (plus2 a-arms and f-8 ishock, and they seem to work great for me. I ride fast trail, sand dunes and some cross country racing I also have a Percission steering dampner.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm 6'3 270 in riding gear.I have an 07 with standered front shocks.On the rear I backed my upper compression screw all the way out.It's been working great so far.If the back end starts to swap or if it starts to pac,fine tune with the bottom screw.Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
1bad, when your running through the woops fast, does the rear seat slap your behind? I also have an 07' GYTR stock suspension and want to get that medium feel between soft & hard. Current settings are rider sag with springs and 11 clicks from full on compression and 10 clicks from full on rebound. Results were: good on fast attacks on whoops but harsh otherwise. I don't think I'm bottoming out, mostly ride trails and the occassional sand dune. You said that your all the way out on compression, so basically your relying completely on the springs compression right? (for the rear).

·
Registered
429 Posts
One detail you may want to look at also is the tire style you are using like a 6 ply -vs- stock. I have the XCR's and what I've found is the lower psi ranges work better. I run 3.0 psi in the rear and 3.25 psi to 3.5 psi in the front both are adjusted when cold. When I was adjusting my shocks I had noticed the tires where around the 5 to 6 psi range hot so the suspension was bouncy thru fast bumps, with the lower pressure it settled way down and the dampning and compsion actually stayed consistant when adjusted from the start of a riding session to the end.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kamakazi,on the trail systems I've been running carlie badlands,there like a holeshot copy.23's front 22's rear.3 to 3.5 psi front & rear.I cranked the spring adjust almost all the way down,and yes I am relying completely on the rebound adjustment.I have'nt messed with it so I don't know what it's set at.I've hit some desent whoops in upper end of fourth to bottom end of fifth and she's handled awsome.It's a whole new experience for me.I believe the tires are a 4 ply rating.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm going to have to try it and see how it feels... I sort of like the radials we've got, but would like more of a bite than it give us, but do like the idea of the radials flexing when hitting the corners hard. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts