Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I want to ask a few questions as brief as I can:
1) I have Raptor 700 with ProDesign Foam air filter and Intake Billet, BUT I saw a guy with a YFZ450R with a FCI intake hoose and he use a Prodesign Air Filter. YFZ450R Air filters looks much bigger than Raptor 700 Aftermarket foam air filters, So, I want to know if any of you had used or use YFZ450R Air filters in Raptor 700. I ride a lot of mud and water so I will stick with box and Foam Air filters.
2) Any of you know how much is the diameter of the hole in the FCI Hoose and the Air Filter?
Thank you!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,549 Posts
You can measure the diameter of your billet adaptor and search for a plethora of bigger filters in that diameter.
You may also get a number from your existing filter and do a cross reference for interchange.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
FCI also makes a filter and intake, with and without an airbox(no lid) for the 700 too, and it is alot bigger than the stock size.
Under $300 with the airbox.
Cuervo says 6hp and 6 lb' of torque from just the intake, no pcv map needed.
Screenshot_20201015-170418_eBay.jpg

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,549 Posts
He's not in the states.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys of all your replys, unfortunatelly Im not in USA and its quite hard to buy international right now in my country. I need to use foam air filters and I find the ProDesign YFZ450R have 11,5mm in diameter, If the FCI for Raptor 700 have the same diameter it should work both together, right? Im not sure how much is the diameter of Raptor 700 FCI Tube, and cant find it online neither. I want to know if any of you had made this before since FCI dont have foam air filters for Raptor 700, it should be a great combo!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you can find a foam filter to fit the FCI intake it will work fine.
I think @Nixon cole has an FCI intake, so he would know the size.

I prefer foam filters too, but the K&N filter style work well with the filter skins than come with it.
They keep the washable filter very clean.
You can clean and reuse the filter skin multiple times too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts