Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FCI Intake
Want Horsepower ? Fuel Custom has the intake for You! The filter included with this kit is an 8ply filter compared to 4ply K&N's you recieve with other intakes. You get twice the protection and twice the airflow of a foam filter. Product Details...
$205.00
$195.0
You Save: $10.00

·
Registered
468 Posts
8 ply? Sounds great but we are having no problems with the 4 ply K&N. If it isn't broke don't fix it. I have been using K&N filters for years on various vehicles and never had an issue. I personally would not recommend spending the extra money.

Craig,

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
HappyHour said:
LMAO No more finger poke through! lol
Like other said, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I can relate to that, last time I got a piece of ass is when my finger slipped thru the toilet paper :crazy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote from: HappyHour on Today at 06:41:44 PM

I can relate to that, last time I got a piece of ass is when my finger slipped thru the toilet paper
I call those Hulk Hogans :grin_nod: Remember when he would rip his shirt in half.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks more like one of those kits to remove the whole air box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
tundraman said:
Quote from: HappyHour on Today at 06:41:44 PM

I can relate to that, last time I got a piece of ass is when my finger slipped thru the toilet paper
I call those Hulk Hogans :grin_nod: Remember when he would rip his shirt in half.

hahahahahaha, lauging after i read the piece of ass coment, rolling after the hulk hogan one....cheeeeehoooooo

·
Registered
306 Posts
LMFAO!!! Couple classic lines there! Gotta love the last piece of ass one! LOL

Okay is it me or does this just not makes any sence!!

Lets take a 6 inch filter and then taper it down to a 2 inch outlet!! looks dumb to me. IMO anyway

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
........actually if some of you knew what you where talking about you would realize this is for the YFZ first off, and secondly its the best intake you can get for the YFZ! It is proven over all the other intakes for the YFZ. Its a much bigger intake tube with a lot of time/design and flow work thrown at it. Its all proven to flow better and be more efficient all while increasing the incoming air speed. The stock intake tube which is used with the prodesign/quadworks/proflow and many others is very restrictive and doesnt flow the best.....it does however provide good low end. You can get others from like woods racing that use straigh threw tubes that may work alright for topend power, but you loose a lot of bottom end due to lack of velocity.
With the FCR intake they have created more topend then the "other" brands that replace the intake tube, while also making more lowend and a lot more topend power than the ones that keep the stock intake tube.
Its the best of both worlds. I ran one after owning the prodesign and the woods. Its by far the best out of those, and its excellent quality.
To my knowledge they dont make anything for the 700 because the 700 has a straight in intake tube, and there really isnt more power to be had by altering it.

P.S........... The 8 ply while decreasing flow ever so slightly, did not loose any measurable power compared to a k&n at 4 ply. The 8 ply waaay out filters the 4 ply k&n.
While I have never had any problems with k&n's, they do let some stuff pass. Ever look at your k&n up against a light, or in the sun. you can see little pin holes all over. With the 8 ply you cant.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
HappyHour said:
LMFAO!!! Couple classic lines there! Gotta love the last piece of ass one! LOL

Okay is it me or does this just not makes any sence!!

Lets take a 6 inch filter and then taper it down to a 2 inch outlet!! looks dumb to me. IMO anyway

the six inch opening at the filter is just like any other intake....thats how the yfz is. It funnels down to 39mm to fit the 39mm carb it has to attach to.
Just like our 3 1/2 inch (89mm) opening ends up going down to a 1 1/2 throttle body (44mm). Its all to speed up the air. If you had a 6 inch carb opening which is over 150mm you would have NO flow....and itwould never work.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
goodthing we got boom here :thumbsup:
slap some sence into me :slap:
i must have overlooked that part about the yfz, my bad,... seriously, i really should only do one or the other, work, or read forums....i wonder if they will pay me if i give up the work part.... :3question:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
........actually if some of you knew what you where talking about you would realize this is for the YFZ

If you read back you'll see I said it was for a YFZ, then I started joking around.

Sounds like your shorts are to tight again ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I wasnt directing what I said to anyone inparticular....I just saw bashing and bad publicity on a product that is actually well thought out and performs second to none.....for the yfz.

If they took internet away from the work place, "worK" productivity would probably go up significantly! :lol:
moral would go the opposite direction though!

randy.....shorts are fitting pretty comfy.....just dont like "bad info".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts