Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the site just picked up a Raptor and I'd like to buy a Big 3. As far as the airbox though on the FCI, should I get it or not? I'm concerned though because it has no lid. I see most people on the forum like to run no lid but is it safe to run no lid in wet, or real sandy/dusty conditions? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello Cody, It's a good idea to buy the box at the same time without it you have no splash guard in wet areas. You'll be alright without a airbox lid in my opinion. I've ridden in rain, snow, and through nasty mud without getting my filter wet with no lid.

Pre-Black Friday Specials:
FCI W/Box
Barker Duals
PCV
(Price included shipping to anyone in the lower 48 states)
www.kbmatv.com

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If you ever hit puddles then no doubt about it you should get the box. You wont lose any power but its going to add a world of difference in water protection. It may not have a lid but the seat sits so close to the top of the box, your filter should stay pretty safe..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
KB is right and it cones with a outwear that colects dust if for some reason you get it dusty. Ive ran mine for 3 months and my filter looks brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts