Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy an FCI and was just wondering about how it would work as far as crossing rivers.. nothing too deep but I noticed in the pics it hardly has an airbox at all. Also does anyone have any suggestions on where to mount the PCV and autotune since i wont have the stock airbox anymore? I was thinking about that slot for the tools and user handbook but am concerned about water reaching it. Thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
that is where i have my pc5 mounted now even with the stock air box still in place. my air box is pretty full of pro design foam filter, LOL.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not get one with a box?

I planned on it but from the pictures i saw it didnt look like the box provided very much protection. So with the box i should be fine??

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
It has slightly less protection that stock, but there's still plenty there. I wouldn't recommend even using a stock air box to cross rivers though. :lol:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah im not a big fan of it but the guys i normaly ride with are all on grizzlys so ever so often i have to cross some shallow rivers, usually under the airbox but i was mainly concerned about the splash... if worse comes to worse i guess ill just stop crossing them haha

·
Registered
448 Posts
i mounted my PCV where the tools would have gone, I did it side ways with the usb connection facing up and then i put some aluminum tap over rubber to keep anything from getting in it. I also usually have a rag in that area for my goggle and stuff, so i put that on top of the pcv sometimes

I have ride where there is water and what not and usually the water doesn't make it into that little area bc the seat blocks it, also, i think the PCV is water resistant for the most part if its gets a little wet, but dont quote me on it

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
The fci has a box it just doesn't have a lid, and if anyone is worried about their pc3 or 5 just do the ziploc bag trick for extra protection. And if you quit crossing deep rivers then you don't have to worry about it :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have been researching the Big 3 and have almost decided to pull the trigger on DMC Force 4's w/QC's, FCI w/box, and PCV.
I was thinking I would stick the PCV to the back inside wall of the FCI Box like some have done with the stock Airbox. It looks like there is room.
I was also hoping to find someone that made a lid for the FCI or maybe I will make my own for those times when I may be riding in/near creeks/rivers like I used to do on My Warrior. With it I would stand on the back fenders and the front end would float in the water raising the air box intake even higher above water level.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
If your worried about the deep water why not get a pro design intake and when you know your gonna be doing deep creek crossing put the stock lid back on and when you know your not gonna do deep crossing take the lid off.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If your worried about the deep water why not get a pro design intake and when you know your gonna be doing deep creek crossing put the stock lid back on and when you know your not gonna do deep crossing take the lid off.
Well honestly, for me I just noticed that everyone seemed to rate the FCI as the best intake. But your are probably right that the Pro Design is just as good or good enough for what I need, yet still offers the option of open or closed stock air box top.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
And what I did with my open box is I got the outerwears box cover so no water is gonna get in but when I know if I'm gonna do stuff like that I'll pop the lid on and bump the PC3 down so I'm not running to rich.

·
Registered
297 Posts
And what I did with my open box is I got the outerwears box cover so no water is gonna get in but when I know if I'm gonna do stuff like that I'll pop the lid on and bump the PC3 down so I'm not running to rich.
Are you using the KN style filter or the Foam filter? How well does that Outerware Airbox Cover work?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The cover works good so far but I still have the outerwear on the filter as another step to keep crap out and I have both the k&n and the foam filters and Amsoil has a filter that works for it to.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The cover works good so far but I still have the outerwear on the filter as another step to keep crap out and I have both the k&n and the foam filters and Amsoil has a filter that works for it to.
So is the Billet adapter the same in each kit so I can just order the foam one and then order an Amsoil filter to go on it?

Would the better plan be get the K&N kit and that way I can use the outerware cover on the amsoil filter?

What is the amsoil filter part number?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The billet adaptor is the same size its just differnt filters and for the amsoil talk to capenter he was the one i was talking to about it. The only problem I see with them is if there that good of a filter its gonna get cloged up faster and cut your air flow down. So I'm sticking with the foama nd k&n for now. I'm not sure if the k&n outerwear will be the same size the amsoil filter maybe a little bigger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts