Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this some sort of joke I just got my fci intake and am trying to Install in my 2018 700r and am completely stumped as there are no instructions and I can’t find any videos or anything I don’t have the ais.block off plate can someone please help me

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Is this some sort of joke I just got my fci intake and am trying to Install in my 2018 700r and am completely stumped as there are no instructions and I can’t find any videos or anything I don’t have the ais.block off plate can someone please help me
With or without airbox?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without box as it didn’t come with one and I read that you need to cut the own one down if wanting to use that, I’m stumped because my fci intake tube only has 2 holes for the pipes where as I have 3 pipes in the oem intake tube I also don’t have the ais block off
With or without airbox?
without the box, I’m pissed I didn’t realise that it doesn’t come with the fci box or splash guard so am guna need to try get one from somewhere as without it it will be way too exposed for my riding conditions

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My problem is that I only have 2 places for hoses to come out of from my new fci intake tube where as the oem one had 3 and the plug sensor

·
Registered
113 Posts
Email Garrett at fci, the box can be purchased separately as well as the mounting brackets for running without box if you run the opposite setup. You can either do the ais delete (recommended) or a general purpose tubing y connector will be work to adapt your tubing to the fci setup.

[email protected]

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
You should have ordered the FCI with box option. BUT, it is only a box, there is no lid to fit.

Go to Auto Zone and get a 1/2 inlet, mini K&N breather filter with mount. The bigger, crank breather hose goes to this filter. The other hoses go into the intake.

Remove the factory air box and hoses up to the TB.

Install the FCI intake tube, with both clamps on, onto the TB loosely.

Install Outerwears loosely and slide the air cleaner thru the factory bracket, unto the tube.

Connect all hoses and air speed sensor that may need sealant.

Mount the two aluminum strips on the frame and to the under tail, light plastic.

Align FCI and air cleaner and tighten all clamps snugly, but not over tightened.

NOTE; I've been in water over my 22in tires with no box, and no problems. The Outerwears is semi waterproof and keeps water out.

Reactions: Nixon cole

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
My problem is that I only have 2 places for hoses to come out of from my new fci intake tube where as the oem one had 3 and the plug sensor
There are several options.

1-Delete the ais and run the crank case vent and throttle body to intake.
2-run the ais and throttle body to the intake. The crank case vent doesn’t have to go to intake, I run mine over the starter and down in front of swingarm. If you get into deep water, would be better to run it up higher.
3-use a t or y fitting to combine the ais and throttle body lines into a single fci port.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should have ordered the FCI with box option. BUT, it is only a box, there is no lid to fit.

Go to Auto Zone and get a 1/2 inlet, mini K&N breather filter with mount. The bigger, crank breather hose goes to this filter. The other hoses go into the intake.

Remove the factory air box and hoses up to the TB.

Install the FCI intake tube, with both clamps on, onto the TB loosely.

Install Outerwears loosely and slide the air cleaner thru the factory bracket, unto the tube.

Connect all hoses and air speed sensor that may need sealant.

Mount the two aluminum strips on the frame and to the under tail, light plastic.

Align FCI and air cleaner and tighten all clamps snugly, but not over tightened.

NOTE; I've been in water over my 22in tires with no box, and no problems. The Outerwears is semi waterproof and keeps water out.
Thanks very much this has helped me a lot I’ll be doing it this afternoon 👍

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much this has helped me a lot I’ll be doing it this afternoon 👍
How much protection does the box give you would you know ? I’m thinking about putting factory box back in and just getting an adapter and k&n filter unless the fci box provides adequate protection because where I ride it will be covered in mud in 5 min

1 - 11 of 11 Posts