Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done a lot of reading on these,but who has hands on use of either of these carb setups ? i know im pretty much choking mine out with stock carbs, but hate to let go of that kinda cash for carbs. are they a really big improvement upstairs over stock carbs on a 727? and which ones would be better suited on my build particularly? keep in mind i may do something bigger later on even.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If you have the engine to make them worth buying (judging by your sig, you do) then there's no better mod for you right now IMO. Night and day difference. Those stock carbs are choking your bike with that head flowing well.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you have the engine to make them worth buying (judging by your sig, you do) then there's no better mod for you right now IMO. Night and day difference. Those stock carbs are choking your bike with that head flowing well.
i agree.................:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats my dilemma...i HATE to spend that kind of coin and then just have a slight increase in power... if its really wakes it up THAT much, then it wont hurt so bad. dont get me wrong the bike runs GOOD now, BUT as much background on engines as i have, i can tell in the upstairs area its kinda flat at the moment.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
thats my dilemma...i HATE to spend that kind of coin and then just have a slight increase in power... if its really wakes it up THAT much, then it wont hurt so bad. dont get me wrong the bike runs GOOD now, BUT as much background on engines as i have, i can tell in the upstairs area its kinda flat at the moment.
Upstairs meaning high RPM?????????????:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have 35's on my 686, and they are nice but I really think the engine needs a little more displacement for these to fully function. I bet they will really wake up a 727 though.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Can you blame him though. IMO its amazing!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know where hes going too...lol. i can just tell its not breathing in the top

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Years ago I changed to a set of FCRs, changing from the stock carbs, I went with a set of 39mm FCRs, It did help the power but did nothing for the lack of over rev.............

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, some say its a big difference, and some say not a big difference. guess this is just one of those things i have to try myself like always...lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well, some say its a big difference, and some say not a big difference. guess this is just one of those things i have to try myself like always...lol
FCRs are Night and Day difference! My first set went on a 673 (1mm over motor) and it woke the bike up like never before. Ask this question to anyone who rides a 660 based motor with FCR carbs "would you go back to stock?" -there's your answer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FCRs are Night and Day difference! My first set went on a 673 (1mm over motor) and it woke the bike up like never before. Ask this question to anyone who rides a 660 based motor with FCR carbs "would you go back to stock?" -there's your answer.
oh im not doubting they are better than stock. lol. im just wondering if they are 900 bucks better? you should sell me yours cheap..:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I only have 35mm fcrs and they were worth all ninety thousand pennies. Having to get back on my stock 660 is kinda dissapointing. If i didnt put the carbs on myself i wouldve believed it was converted to F/I

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I went with 35mm fcr's because I dont drag race and more conserned with on and off throttle responce vs. WOT peroformance of the 39's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts