Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2007 Raptor 350 project. Building it for a handful of trips to Silver Lake dunes this year. My dune truck isn't going anywhere with current cost to haul and run it.

Had most of a 2001 YZ250F carb, but decided to buy a 2007 YZ250F carb that was complete with a RD power bowl. Gasket sets are way cheaper for this year of carb, aswell.

87 base motor(the same), with the stator and flywheel swapped. Rebuilt with a Wesico 11:1 piston. Mild clean up in the head ports. K&N filter with a heat w
rapped exhaust to a HMF muffler. Niche cam that is supposed to be a replacement for the Raptor 350.

Pulled extremely hard in an old '87 Warrior with '94 electronics and a Warrior carb.

Want to run the FCR 37mm carb this year. Some research found this as a decent set-up. 42 starter, 45 pilot, 165 main. I'll start a bit bigger and tune it from there. The adjustable leak jet for the pumper should be a bonus for tuning.

Anyone else have a FCR on their 350? What is your jetting? And any advice or issues you had?
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive tire Engineering Urban design

Yes, that's a +6 swing arm. Trying the Warrior shock linkage first. Already had an adjustable height link for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got another note to add. Been trying to figure out the intake adapter for this. Going to try a 99-05 wolverine intake adapter, and a 1-1/4 x 1-1/2 plumbing fernco, trimmed down. Silicone adapters are out of stock everywhere I have looked. The cheap aftermarket wolverine adapter looks like the rubber coupling could be stripped off to make it a solid aluminum adapter. If it looks like it won't work, I'll buy the more expensive solid aftermarket aluminum warrior adapter, and just mill it the flange down round to fit.

This quad, like every other project, is turning into a money pit. $20 here, $30 there, another $100. Need it running quick, for the next random dunes trip. Should have made this my past winter project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts