Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, I was wondering if you can point me towards a place that sells FCR 39mm carbs rebuild kits, I am mainly looking for the valves' o-rings and the bottom bowl gaskets, and maybe whatever else you guys needs to be replaced to freshen up the carbs. currently I am getting a major leak from the bowl gasket and valves' o-rings are hella loose to where the bike did not want to start until I wrapped a tephelon tape around these o-rings (for testing only) and the bike started right up.

thanks

Ahmed

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hello Guys, I was wondering if you can point me towards a place that sells FCR 39mm carbs rebuild kits, I am mainly looking for the valves' o-rings and the bottom bowl gaskets, and maybe whatever else you guys needs to be replaced to freshen up the carbs. currently I am getting a major leak from the bowl gasket and valves' o-rings are hella loose to where the bike did not want to start until I wrapped a tephelon tape around these o-rings (for testing only) and the bike started right up.

thanks

Ahmed

What or where are "valves O rings" ?

Which bowl gaskets are you looking for? Where the carb bowl bolts to the bottom of the carb body? Accerlerator pump cover?

Dont split the carb body appart (screws with the yellow stuff in the heads). If you ruin that gasket or O ring it is not replaceable, you cant get it and your carbs become parts carbs. That is why you should not soak the FCR's in a bucket of carb dip. It can ruin that o ring as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was finally able to get sudco to reply to my emails in regards to the rebuild kit, now they are asking what size needle and seat do I need, do you guys know what's the needle and seat size those carbs come with?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
I don't know what yours came with, I think I had a 3.2 in mine when I got them and ended up going to a 3.4 or something higher because I thought I'd need more (I really didn't).

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have 3.5s in mine if I remember right...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts