Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought one of those pos off road karts with a 150 and yes i already knew it would be under powered but i have a 1100 kawaski street bike engine sitting here and am thinkin hard about slammin it in place of that pos 150 .... who else thinks i should run with it:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I dunno man... I'm thinking you will quickly find the engine was just the tip of the POS and that 1100 will surely destroy what's left.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I vote for pics of the kart so we can decide!

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
It doesn't look like there is enough room to put an engine that big in it but with enough fabrication anything will work. If you decide to do it start a build thread so we can see the progress.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will do, pulled the carbs off the 1100 a few days ago they where really bad so i dipped em and cleaned em.... time to see if this bad boy still runs...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I say do it! What the hell ya know! you may find a few weak points but that's to be expected when doing something like that. Just reinforce it where you think it needs it! Hope your handy with a welder! And do the build thread, this should be interesting lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
yea very interesting... my prediction is it will never stay on all 4s:D
LOL well if you always kept your feet planted then you would never get to fly:metal:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if this 1100 doesnt run anyone got any complete 400 or larger complet engines they wanna get rid of....lol.... stupid cheap ass 150s... and there gay azz cvt brake shoe designed clutch

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I got a buddy that is going to sell his cbr600rr for about 1500 or so! He laid it down and has it all bondo'd up and his wife wants him to sell it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
LOL.... to bad i dont have 1500 atm... just picked up a 53 international 4 window truck
OOOOOOHHHH those are beasts! They have actual timing gears if i'm not mistaken. Sounds kinda like a turbo lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
it doesnt sound like anything atm the engine was junk and the frame so i knocked the body off and im gonna mount it to a shortbox chev or s-10 frame
Sounds like you've got your hands full of projects! Good luck man.If you have them finished by next yrs.winchester rally that would be cool. Me and my buddy's will be there.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
lol hands full is a understatment.. got this go kart thing that internatinal and 48 hudson wasp, lol .......
Oh man that hudson would look good rodded out with the top chopped! I hav a 1929 modelA with the rumble seat that i'm workin on. It's been on hold cause of the economy and the rappy lol plus my wife's 400ex. I gotta get off of here but im sure we'll bs again sometime. Good luck man:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
top is already low stock think im gonna slam it down and suicide the rears ..maybe plum crazy purple and its sittin on a 65 rivi frame with the 430 wild cat engine...yea buddy ..lol:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts