Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rear end hit a manhole and sent me flying through the air. Landed on my right shoulder/right side of my head. Broke the shield off my helmet and separated my shoulder. My shoulder is pretty sore and I have a nice cut on my right elbow. Raptor seems fine but I'm taking it into the dealer tuesday morning to make sure everything's good to go. I need to look into buying a killswitch because my raptor rolled about 30yds across the main road. Thank God there wasn't any traffic coming. Just wanted to share my accident with you all. Merry chirstmas and always wear a helmet. 8)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Glad your good man..I came pretty close today too...muddy as hell and hit a ditch funny infront of a dirt burm..luckily I recovered just scarred my NOS botle up pretty bad

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your body will heal, the most important thing is that the bike is ok...

j/k..stay safe

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Glad your alright man and hopefully the raptors is ok too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Might want to check the rim, axle, and swingarm just to be safe. Had an oops like that on a crotch rocket once. Shoulder hurt for days and every time I moved my arm in a certain way it knocked the breath out of me. Went to the doctor a the next day and found out it was because that when my shoulder blade pulled away it had broke one of my ribs in the back. Spent weeks in a funky cast that had my arm stuck out. Sucked. :confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Take care and heal up. Hopefully the bike only needs a bit to get her shiney and new again. I had an encounter on my previous quad with a covered rock, my fault was going to fast on a trail and couldn't react in time. Learned my lesson though, I always take it easy now.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Glad your ok........ :thumbsup: If you ride long enough its not if but when you have a get off.. :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rode a little today just to give everything a one-over and raptor ran fine. Don't think I'm going to drop it off at the dealer. I got up to second gear and everything seemed fine, well everything but my sore shoulder. Only thing that sucks is the fact that I didn't get to take pictures of my new ITP polished baja wheels. Those things give my raptor a mean stance and the rear end appears to be a little wider now then it did with the stock wheels. I think the offset of the baja wheels is more than stock. I'll get some pictures over MLK weekend and get them posted. My polished flame radiator guard should be here and on the bike by then. I can't explain how worried I was about breaking something on my raptor. Lol! 8)

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah man ive had the same prob. fell off a couple times once real bad and the damn thing just kept rolling along the pit we were riding. whats up with that? thats a good idea about the kill switch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.