Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2020 Blue 700r Fenders for my 09. They don’t come with the dampers that go inside of the front fenders. I didn’t pay much mind to them when I was buying so my question is are those Dampers necessary? Are they effective?
By the way I only do street riding no trails dirt or any of that strictly for the road.

I also would like to know if the heat covers for the rear fender are necessary? My 09 Fenders didn’t have them and I never had any problems. I had a Yoshimura Exhaust and just sold it and just ordered some Monster Duals. I wouldn’t want to end up messing up my plastics after I just made this investment so what do you guys say should I get the heat covers?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
Are you talking about the black, felt square pads? Yes, they are to keep the fenders from flexing and distorting. Need some? I have some.

Yes, the heat tape should be put on both sides with dual pipes as well as a stator wire heat shield. Yes, I have that too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume we are talking about the same thing they go inside the front Fenders. I will provide a picture of what I’m talking about which is #2,3,4, and 19. My question is I don’t do any jumps or do trails I just ride on street so would it be necessary?

How much for the heat tape ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you talking about the black, felt square pads? Yes, they are to keep the fenders from flexing and distorting. Need some? I have some.

Yes, the heat tape should be put on both sides with dual pipes as well as a stator wire heat shield. Yes, I have that too.
I’ll take you up on the heat shield and tape good sir

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Get back to me with an answer please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts