Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Ferrera is what I am having installed in my head. I was told by the guy that is going to do the porting that he would not touch it if it had KW valves. There is a place in Texas that I got my +1 for $28 each.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ferrera is what I am having installed in my head. I was told by the guy that is going to do the porting that he would not touch it if it had KW valves. There is a place in Texas that I got my +1 for $28 each.
I hope you mean they are installing the valves in your Raptors head and not your head................:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I installed Ferrea in mine, very good quality and will not look back. Mine even came in a sweet padded box too :D

Found mine on ebay for BIN/OBO and picked mine up for $23 ea shipped. I haven't checked the price on them recently though.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Call Ferrea and get the number of somebody close to you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Which Ferrea Valves are the best to go with?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The reason I am mocking Kibble White valves is because a few years ago we rebuilt my Oval Tracker with new bottom end, piston, cylidner and valves using the orginal head only, we installed new springs and valves into my HV ported, 3 plugger. This was for the last race of the season..........

The engine lasted several minutes of warmup, a 5 lap qualifier and after 3 laps, an exhaust valve broke, it had less then 15 minutes on it when the valve decided to go on holidays, It broke off where it was GLUED together...............

We talked to Kibble White and they asked us to send them the valve and they would replace the broken valve. What I asked them was, what about my other 4 valves, destroyed head and cylinder and bent rod, NO warranty on that.........

I promptly hung up the phone, they were offering me a VALVE as compensation for a couple thousand dollars of damage caused by a defective valve............

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wow! I can see your frustration. I wouldn't do business with them after that either

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Which Ferrea Valves are the best to go with?
Just go with the standard size Ferrea valve's ( or + size if you are going oversize valves) for a 660 Raptor..
If ya Google ferrea you can get thear # in Florida & they will give you a seller's # to contact for ordering.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The reason I am mocking Kibble White valves is because a few years ago we rebuilt my Oval Tracker with new bottom end, piston, cylidner and valves using the orginal head only, we installed new springs and valves into my HV ported, 3 plugger. This was for the last race of the season..........

The engine lasted several minutes of warmup, a 5 lap qualifier and after 3 laps, an exhaust valve broke, it had less then 15 minutes on it when the valve decided to go on holidays, It broke off where it was GLUED together...............

We talked to Kibble White and they asked us to send them the valve and they would replace the broken valve. What I asked them was, what about my other 4 valves, destroyed head and cylinder and bent rod, NO warranty on that.........

I promptly hung up the phone, they were offering me a VALVE as compensation for a couple thousand dollars of damage caused by a defective valve............
This is the reson I went with Ferrea .. I have a bunch of hrs on my build with NO problems...

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I've ran two sets of black diamond KW valves in my motors. No problems with them and they seem to show normal wear. I did try to order +1 ferrea valves in 2010 but at that time they were nowhere to be found in the U.S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.