Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I am just about ready to order some stuff for the wheeler and don't really know what brand of piston to go with or gasket kit. Also how the hell do you time this thing as far as the timing chain and counterbalance shaft are concerned?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Je 10.5-1 with cometic and theres markings on the flywheel and cam sprocket

·
Registered
229 Posts
hop on you tube. There are a few how to;s on there. I don't think they have a raptor specifically but you can get a general Idea. I never did it but on mine yet but i looked to prep for it,.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
They also sell kits with gaskets on ebay and vitos

·
Registered
28 Posts
i bought mine JE 10.5:1 piston and gasket kit from vitos. there was the cheapest i could find anywhere. i got the 366 kit, now im trying to find out if i have to change the timing any?... there is also a JE 12:1 piston and gasket kit but vitos didnt sell it, but if ur gonna get that kit u have to buy them separate from what i could find.

·
Registered
391 Posts
They have the JE 12:1 piston kit on eBay. But then you'd have to run race fuel :unsure:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a guy at a local shop that had a brand new Je for cheap so I bought it. I went to a local shop and just bought a top end gasket set. I am kinda confused though isn't there supposed to be an o-ring on the jug to case large shim? If so my dang kit didn't have it and for the life of me I can't find any of the old gasket material after cleaning and scraping. I have the new piston hung and honed the cylinder and did a little bit of port work to the head just to de burr it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and 07special how do you like your sprocket gearing? I know a 12 is down one in the front but what about the rear is that also down?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Oh and 07special how do you like your sprocket gearing? I know a 12 is down one in the front but what about the rear is that also down?
I like it. I'm stock on my rear. It depends how you ride, I ride a lot of dunes, so i'm nearly never topped out, I need bottom end. There is a noticable bottom end gain and noticable top end loss...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts