Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drain plug from crank case feel out during last ride!! luckily i turned the bike of b4 it started pouring out. this happened after engine rebuild with hc stage 1 cam and wiseco 11.1 .20 over piston. back ran good other then that just some odds and ends i need to tweak. 1 being figureing out why drain plug came out i almost 100% sure i tightened it up. plug threads were fine ive never not tightened a plug before thats why it is alittle confusing to me.. but hell who knows with all the excitement of getting my bike running i could have. 2nd should my bike be idleing differently from adding the cam and piston? i cant seem to get it to idle properly with out it being to low or to high it is not seeming like there is a middle part in between there. im thinking that is it for now.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
drain plug from crank case feel out during last ride!! luckily i turned the bike of b4 it started pouring out. this happened after engine rebuild with hc stage 1 cam and wiseco 11.1 .20 over piston. back ran good other then that just some odds and ends i need to tweak. 1 being figureing out why drain plug came out i almost 100% sure i tightened it up. plug threads were fine ive never not tightened a plug before thats why it is alittle confusing to me.. but hell who knows with all the excitement of getting my bike running i could have. 2nd should my bike be idleing differently from adding the cam and piston? i cant seem to get it to idle properly with out it being to low or to high it is not seeming like there is a middle part in between there. im thinking that is it for now.
Did you rejet the carbs or adjust the fuel screws to obtain the best possible idle and throttle response from idle............

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt rejet the carbs the kid i bought it from had already jetted the bike. after getting everything installling i took my bike out onto my street and beat on it a cpl times up and down. stopped checked my plug and it looked fine. this is how i was told to do it so correct me if i was told wrong.. and no i didnt adjust the screws either. i guess i should do try that. but how should i go about doing that. any pointer would be helpful. i cant even look at my bike right now beings its at my parents 2 hours away:rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you talking about the throttle stop screw? i was just looking at the carb section on the manual and did not see anything that sed fuel screw. but i did mess with the throttle stop screw and throttle cable

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
In the factory manual they are called pilot screws. They set idle air/fuel mixture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts