Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hving the bike for a month or so I've decided it's time to do the Big 3 (because you can right :grin_nod:)

Still open to suggestions but after absorbing a sh1tload from this site and being restricted on what is handily available in West Oz, I'am planning on a GYTR stuff.

I thought the GYTR slip on would do me as opposed to the full system and the PCIII Commander seems like the go with a custom tune along with a 15T.

The one area I'm still not real clear on is the intake. Where I ride in the main is pretty dry and dusty so to play on the safe side I'm thinking it's best to stay with a foam type filter. The thing is when I go on the Yamaha website it offers the K&N style or a multistage foam filter which looks identical to the stock filter other than the colour. Can someone tell me if there is a difference?

Also does running the foam filter mean that the rest of the intake stays stock other than removing the lid?

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I ride in AZ which is nothing but dust, everywhere I ride. But I still run the k&n type filters and have on everything for years and years. Never had a problem and I think the filter fine. Not to mention they are much easier to clean.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The gytr foam filter uses the stock intake and backfire cage. It's supposed to be a dual-density foam for better filtration than the stock foam. I'm sure you could find a foam filter to fit the gytr intake, but for some reason Yamaha doesn't have one. Even so, you'll get a nice bump just from the mods you're planning. I couldn't say how much a difference the bigger intake would make. Worth doing if you can find a foam filter for it (considering your conditions) but not essential. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts