Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......with the 15T and the new but cheap paddles (Sand Devils). First off lemme say that it was a lousy day out at the Joe for drags. Wasn't hardly any one racing and no one had paddles (thats a first, normally its me on stockers and everyone else on paddles) so I couldn't compare to equal bikes. I did however race an 07 YFZ and 07 700 SE (both stock as a rock). I would rip them a new one off the line (of course, I had paddles they didn't) BUT................to my disbelief, they would catch up to me in 5th gear. Just as I'm about to shut it down (thinking they were a good distance back) they actually pass me.....WTFs up with that? Is it the paddles robbing me of top end? The 15T? A combination of both? I think that with the 15T (and these paddles) that it rips through the first three gears awesomely but suffers dramaticly in the last two gears. I'm gonna try again but I'm pretty sure I'll be going back to the 14T......... :confused:
Have any of you guys with the 15T experienced the same results as I did?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
MaxxRPM said:
.......with the 15T and the new but cheap paddles (Sand Devils). First off lemme say that it was a lousy day out at the Joe for drags. Wasn't hardly any one racing and no one had paddles (thats a first, normally its me on stockers and everyone else on paddles) so I couldn't compare to equal bikes. I did however race an 07 YFZ and 07 700 SE (both stock as a rock). I would rip them a new one off the line (of course, I had paddles they didn't) BUT................to my disbelief, they would catch up to me in 5th gear. Just as I'm about to shut it down (thinking they were a good distance back) they actually pass me.....WTFs up with that? Is it the paddles robbing me of top end? The 15T? A combination of both? I think that with the 15T (and these paddles) that it rips through the first three gears awesomely but suffers dramaticly in the last two gears. I'm gonna try again but I'm pretty sure I'll be going back to the 14T......... :confused:
you are the first person that I have heard say something negative about the 15t sprocket.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
how many paddles do they have?and what size? cuz i'm new to owning paddles as you may have read on another thread, but they are haulers 20x10x10 10pdl, what is it that takes your top speed down on paddles? is it that they have to much traction at high speeds and that takes away from your overall speed? i have yet to use them but am getting mixed reviews,and wasn't sure exactly what to expect when i'm riding.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I KILLED when I put the 15t on at the drags. Honestly, the only quads that beat me was the $$$$built-up banshee's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NICK said:
how many paddles do they have?and what size? cuz i'm new to owning paddles as you may have read on another thread, but they are haulers 20x10x10 10pdl, what is it that takes your top speed down on paddles? is it that they have to much traction at high speeds and that takes away from your overall speed? i have yet to use them but am getting mixed reviews,and wasn't sure exactly what to expect when i'm riding.
They are 20-11-8 8 paddle. Their Website say that the paddles are about 1" but I think they're smaller than that. Most everyone say they're heavy (I guess compared to Skat-Traks) but I know they are lighter than my worn out stockers. It seemed like they hooked up fine but I couldn't compare them to the others cause there were none.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roc64 said:
MaxxRPM said:
you are the first person that I have heard say something negative about the 15t sprocket.
Yeah, I know and I hate that crap cause it seemed like it pulled like a mofo with the 15T at least in the lower gears and didn't have to short shift near as much. I'm going to try again with more bikes next time.
I also raced a couple 250Rs and a piped 660 and I simply toyed with them so the day wasn't a total lost......... :lol:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I havent had a real good chance of testing my 15 tooth yet but I was thinking it wasnt pulling as hard in 4th and 5th. Here was the results from racing my buddies YFZ 450 at St Joe.

Both have basic 3 mods and I have stock tires he runs HD's

With 14 tooth he would get me off the line but I would pass in 3rd and pull away in 4th and 5th.

With 15 tooth I would get the jump but at the end of the race I wasnt beating him by anymore than I did with the 14 tooth even though I got the jump.

The day we tested there wasnt anyone there racing, so I just got to test against him for about 15 races so going to try again next time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Using the 15T in the sand may totally depend on your tires.

All I can say is in the dirt, there is no comparison between races with the 15T and 14T against my buddies 05 yfz with equal mods. I totally kill him now. Before he was getting beat bad....but now its murder!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting ironic topic, I also did alot of dragging at the dunes this wknd and am not so sure about the top end sprocket, yh I beat most all bikes exc. like 2 450 yfzs done up and a banshee that came by me way at the end. Just for the dragin I dont know if the longer shiftin and little less torque from 1st is helpin or not.We dont usually run that long distance for drags. Normally get too much hook up w hd's plus im like 215lbs w takin out of the hole when were in the dirt. Not impressed w the geckos paddles. In fact we r hearin alot more for the haulers and I have been told a few times to go w a 10 paddle.? Me & buddy of mine race his ltr450 w cherry bomb,open air box & no baffle, and were usually real close in fact probly mostly hes little in front now that he got his holeshots. Going to race again w this sprocket in dirt,since he had no paddles for sand and I would win then for sure. So hopefully get some more reviews on it and see all the other opinions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts