Raptor Forum banner

Finally got around to fixing/cleaning the raptor today

789 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  686cc 
#1 ·
My raptor has been sitting in my garage for the last 3 months broken and dirty.:( It just needed a rear brake caliper. Work has just been really busy and it seems like i have to go to a wedding every weekend. So i got a new(used) caliper off ebay, and cleaned up the bike. Also put on protaper bars. They feel great just sitting on the bike, cant wait to take it for a ride. anyways here are a couple pics

See less See more
#2 ·
What pro taper bars are thoses ? Just wondering if you took SE bars and removed the crossbar ? Because they look like SE with a fat bar foam.
Never remove the crossbar from a bar.

#3 ·
They look almost like standard bars but black.

#5 ·
I tried to remove it from my renthal bars, and when I stood on the bike, pushing on the bar I though they were gonna break. Just didn't want them to bend on a jump landing so I put it back.

#7 ·
They are just flexing Tahitian, you don't land with your whole body weight over the bars do you? Take the cross bar off im pretty sure you will like how it feels if you don't put it back on. Mines been off since I bought mine.

the are pro taper contour bars with the raptor bend. they are not supposed to have a cross bar. i held them up to the stock bars and they have a little bit of a different bend, but they are 1 1/8 bars. I got them for 30 dollars and they were only used 1 time. I had to buy them. :)
Nice score on the bars

#6 ·
the are pro taper contour bars with the raptor bend. they are not supposed to have a cross bar. i held them up to the stock bars and they have a little bit of a different bend, but they are 1 1/8 bars. I got them for 30 dollars and they were only used 1 time. I had to buy them. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.