Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I finally brought home my new pride and joy a few days ago. Its a 2006 with extreamly low hours. The origial owner was in his late 40's and had more play toys than anyone I had ever seen. It has a full yosimira exhaust with pc3 and suspension from an 08 (fully adjustable front shocks). When I went to buy it he said it had not been started for 2 years. The battery was flat but when he boosted it, it fired right up but as soon as he took the booster off, it shut down.....battery completely trashed. Anyways, I will post some pics as soon as I get some time to give it a good cleaning. Can't wait to get on it and ride!!!

My next question is about the "big 3." Since I have the most expensive of the 2 covered I will probably buy an aftermarket filter/intake set up. Does this consist of a filter, a set up like Pro Design/K&N, or a complete intake/filter like FCI?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Well guys I finally brought home my new pride and joy a few days ago. Its a 2006 with extreamly low hours. The origial owner was in his late 40's and had more play toys than anyone I had ever seen. It has a full yosimira exhaust with pc3 and suspension from an 08 (fully adjustable front shocks). When I went to buy it he said it had not been started for 2 years. The battery was flat but when he boosted it, it fired right up but as soon as he took the booster off, it shut down.....battery completely trashed. Anyways, I will post some pics as soon as I get some time to give it a good cleaning. Can't wait to get on it and ride!!!

My next question is about the "big 3." Since I have the most expensive of the 2 covered I will probably buy an aftermarket filter/intake set up. Does this consist of a filter, a set up like Pro Design/K&N, or a complete intake/filter like FCI?
Huh? Wait, please re-word the question. Congrats on the purchase, but your question regarding intake has left me a little lost.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
you can get the billet style adapter w/ kn filter or the fci intake. theres a good price difference between the two and it also depends on the "build" you might go with down the road.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Huh? Wait, please re-word the question. Congrats on the purchase, but your question regarding intake has left me a little lost.
If I just go buy an aftermarket filter will this complete the last part of the big 3 or do I have to buy an entire intake system?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can get the billet style adapter w/ kn filter or the fci intake. theres a good price difference between the two and it also depends on the "build" you might go with down the road.
I plan on running it this way for a while but next year would like to do an 11:1 727 kit with a cam.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Ok, I'd go with FCI. Complete intake, huge filter, multi ply, and option to run with or with out box. Would work great with your current or future set-up!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
if you plan on going with the 727 kit then you'll want the fci. With or without the box is up to you, if you go through alot of mud and water get the fci with box. Sandy conditions/dry go without the box. i would even go with the 5050 cam

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you plan on going with the 727 kit then you'll want the fci. With or without the box is up to you, if you go through alot of mud and water get the fci with box. Sandy conditions/dry go without the box. i would even go with the 5050 cam
What is the 5050 cam? Years ago when I had my 660 I put in a stage one hot cam and noticed little difference so I'm willing to go with something a little more agressive.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
^ High Desert Dyno a.k.a HDD5050. Very good cam, and definately more aggressive than any Hotcam. Works great with a piston of choice, and port and polish on the head.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats on ur new toy. Ur gonna love it!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Agreed on the FCI choice.
The 5050 cam is a great choice in the right application but requires upgraded springs and really needs port work to reach its design potential. If you're looking at bigger cams you're gonna want to get the head ported and bigger valves. A modest head/cam in this configuration will run you about a G note. I'd recommend the drop in Hotcam series (no hd springs req'd) either the HC2 for more midrange or the HC3 for top end.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'll help ya port polished plus two,5050 cam, a 54mm TB/intake, and a 11.5:1 piston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts