Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get one last year but it never happened. So last week I decided I'm just going to go out and get one no matter what. So I did. I picked it up last Friday. Went riding Saturday and had a blast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats, you too got the fastest color :grin_nod:

I did the exact thing a month ago. I am excited to go to the dunes with mine. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Grey slows you down...sorry, but true...hee hee.

Yay for Rappy's!! Congrats.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. A few questions:
How did you break in you motor?
How long before you first oil change?

I actually was planning on getting a blue one but grey was the only one the had in stock. Well they only had one 700r and one 700r SE. I really like the the color now after seeing blue ones all day Saturday at the dunes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I have to figure out what to buy first for it. Nerfbars maybe.

·
Registered
815 Posts
kds6_10_05jmd said:
i dont really like nerf bars b.c i ride alot of trail and they get cought on alot of stuff but if u do alot of mx it will be great 4 that..
Alot of ppl that trail ride said the exact opposite of this - I only trail ride - and i absolutely love my nerfs... bcs if you get a a tight situation, like trying to go around a tree, you can put the nerf bar aggainst the tree. and just gun it, and then you dont have to worry about the tree getting caught inside your bike, like on the rear tire... i love nerf bars...
DEFINANTLY GET THEM.

Plattner

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
congrats on a nice looking quad

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
plattner said:
kds6_10_05jmd said:
i dont really like nerf bars b.c i ride alot of trail and they get cought on alot of stuff but if u do alot of mx it will be great 4 that..
Alot of ppl that trail ride said the exact opposite of this - I only trail ride - and i absolutely love my nerfs... bcs if you get a a tight situation, like trying to go around a tree, you can put the nerf bar aggainst the tree. and just gun it, and then you dont have to worry about the tree getting caught inside your bike, like on the rear tire... i love nerf bars...
DEFINANTLY GET THEM.

Plattner
You almost sold me on them. I just can't pull the trigger on them. I bought the Pro Armor peg extenders and am very happy with them. But.. I can't help but think I might like the Nerfs. Just never used 'em. Oh by the way Congrats Cochise.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Congrats on the new quad :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all

I have a few more questions but I will try the search function first.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats, good choice on the color. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats on the quad... love the red frame, but the white is definitely faster. As far as nerfs go I would definitely get them, it was the first thing I did to mine. The first time your foot slips and the nets catch it you will know it was the right choice.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrat's on the new quad! Should have waited for a blue one though. :thumbsup: All of em' are still awesome though!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Congrats on the rappy. Love the red frame. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: For braking it in ride it hard. That is what I did. I changed mine after the 4th tank of gas.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts