Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so today i finally got some work done. i got the stock topend taken off, and cam out. BUT idk if it happened during the tear down or before but i'm glad i was changing my cam cause my decompression pin was bent and had a crack in it. has any one else had this happen? or what could have done it? but other than that i was suprised how good it looked. i got my new tech 11.5:1 piston installed and let me tell you the damn oil seperator rings at the bottom had me on my last nerve! it took me like 45 mins to an hr to get them in the cylinder! :mad: i'd get the top 2 in and then the damn seperator would pop out :banghead: and i'd have to take the top and bottom oil ring out a little to put it back into place. then while i was doing that the damn second ring would pop back out! :rocket: I did manage to get the ring gaps to spec and close to the orientation in the manual. the oil rings were definitely of by a hair, but they were close. she is still headless at the moment till i get a new pin. i wish i wouldn't have been so stubborn (stupid) and thought i could do it no problem without the 4" hoseclamp trick!!! it was rather easy other than that, although i did start to feel a little overwhelmed while i was disconnecting everything from the TB, cylinder, and head. i was like i was rebuilding a honda civic! :lol: not much room to get into all those plugs without spinnin the tb. there is a shit ton of stuff on these things!! definetely alot more complicated than the 2 strokes i've done in the past, even the newer water cooled ones with powervalves.

i will post some pics of my new stuff in a few days. but this tech piston sticks out of the top of the cylinder a little bit. i was kinda suprised it was out as far as it is. so i'll have to check and make sure there is no contact once i get my new pin and get it back together.

oh and would you guys agree that i was running just a little lean also, based on the exhaust valve color?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Glad you found the bent pin that would of sucked if it broke. Judging by your sig and correct me of im wrong but were you running your X6 and pro design intake without a fuel controller? If you were then yes you were running it lean and that's not good.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok got some updates. now i'm just waiting for the compression pin so i can put it back together and ride!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts