Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to start assembly of my quad. I have bought alot of parts from guys around the forum, lots off ebay. Very little from the dealers. I'm going with a black frame, swinger, a-arms. Finishing it all off with blue plastics skin industries graphics. A few little suprises along the way I am sure but mostly have the lot of parts to get me rolling!! :thumbsup: What do you guys think?

Couldn't post pics!! said they were too big :'(

===============================================================

Picture links fixed - MadDog :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Looks like you got a couple goodies on there already. The black frame looks deadly. Those Razrs will look nice.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup!! lol thanks. Only one problem with the sandblasting and powder coating!! I lost my serial number. The razr2's with the hypers will look pretty cool with the black frame I think. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lookin good, that sure is a bitchin swinger you got there. :lol:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the repair Maddog!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hotrod, you from Canada? Noticed a mastercraft box.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup! Fort McMurray, Alberta!! Born and raised, you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stonewall,Manitoba . I just picked up a Mastercraft cordless impact gun for working on the Raptor and sled. Build is looking good, iam getting the stock wheels and front and rear grab bars p/ced black soon.Dealer prices suck here too, ebay rocks and this site has some good deals too.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Looking good. You just might have it done in time for Little Sahara. :thumbsup:

On a side note, if you need a place to crash for a day or two on your trip, let me know. There's some pretty cool riding around here as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hotrod, what size tires you running, front and rear.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rears are 20x11x9 and the Fronts are 21x7x10.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im mostly an agressive REC rider, I jump and stuff too. Nothing too crazy though. Looking to get into ice racing this year. It's a tucker +2 swinger, bought it from Russ here on the forum. It's new, never used that is!! lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey!! Whats up? I have a couple questions for anyone looking here! I have my houser +2 steering stem installed I was wondering what you guys are running for handle bars with a +2 stem? I was thinking I am going to need a bike handle bar, low rise! Next question, I have my new plastice and I was wondering if there was a trick to straightening them out after shipping, I put them on and put the quad in the sun to warm it up nice but it didn't do alot. Will do it again tomorrow but just curious. I know there was more but I will remember as soon as I hit enter I'm sure!! Oh another thing!!! Stock plastice come with the warning plates but no emblem on the nose piece!! WTF

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the stem in there!! Its a houser +1, they say it's a plus two but I think thats for the yfz's. Yeah I know the blue plastics are shit for the wear but thats alright, it's no show quad. It will be well used and thats cool.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks great. What bars did u end choosing? I added an inch to the my stock stem and use a Renthal Raptor bend bar. Had to do some rerouting as it was near the limits for cables.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a set of Tag T2's they're a low rise to go on, in the mail lol. Waitin on the bar clamp aswell.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts