Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw in the GYTR needles and by george, that was the problem. I still have a slight 1/3 throttle stumble that I can't seem to rub out, but that's only when free revving it without a load. It pulls hard all the way through the range now.

I went for a brief ride this morning and it pulls a lot harder now than it did stock. All I have is a pro-flo intake with no airbox and removed the spark arrestor. Also did the freez carb mods.

So at 1000ft this is the jetting I have for that combo:
160/165
GYTR needles on 4th clip
25 pilots
2.5 turns out.

Woohoo! The new suspension mods I did over the winter really helped too.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
firstraptor said:
I like the rear plastics trimed, but I ran mine without the front plastic in the wet one day, everytime I turned the wheels I got a face full.
:lol: - I bet you weren't too hungry for dinner that day, you know, eating all that dirt beforehand!
:puke:

·
Registered
639 Posts
pewterpecker said:
I threw in the GYTR needles and by george, that was the problem. I still have a slight 1/3 throttle stumble that I can't seem to rub out, but that's only when free revving it without a load. It pulls hard all the way through the range now.

I went for a brief ride this morning and it pulls a lot harder now than it did stock. All I have is a pro-flo intake with no airbox and removed the spark arrestor. Also did the freez carb mods.

So at 1000ft this is the jetting I have for that combo:
160/165
GYTR needles on 4th clip
25 pilots
2.5 turns out.

you have a stock can with the baffles still in it and you are running 160 and 165 mains????

my 720 with dual exhaust is running on 2 162.5 mains. have you tried any leaner mains? just wondering because that seems way to fat

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
if you're running a cam in there yours sounds a little lean phucker, even with stock porting. I believe you've openend up your carbs a bit but it still seems like it's lean. High elevation perhaps?

LOL...sorry it just seems funny and a little strange typing that in the middle of my post, almost like I'm calling you that instead of referring to you. ;)

But I also agree that he seems quite rich on his jetting as well.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I don't have the answers to jetting all bikes but I can tell you that if you tune a bike on an inertia dyno and turn right around and tune it on a load dyno you will see drastic differences as to what the jets need to be. When shooting for a 13:1 A/F ratio, my expierences have shown that a load dyno will say you need 2 main jet sizes larger than an inertia dyno will say you need. The slow and midrange seems to hold pretty true between the two types of dynos.

Just my expierences, not saying its gospel.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
if you're running a cam in there yours sounds a little lean phucker, even with stock porting. I believe you've openend up your carbs a bit but it still seems like it's lean. High elevation perhaps?

LOL...sorry it just seems funny and a little strange typing that in the middle of my post, almost like I'm calling you that instead of referring to you. ;)

But I also agree that he seems quite rich on his jetting as well.
I'm with you MD, I read it and thought, "MD has resorted to name calling?" ...Pitiful... Not to mention, that word can be used in so many instances.

You def sound rich to me but if ain't broke, don't fix it. You sure you did the plug check right (at WOT, under load)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.