Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motors boxed up and ready to ship for a full rebuild . Sick to my stomach on paying this kind of money for motor work but what can ya do...lol
Im sooo happy for my Boy ! Hopefully we wont miss any nice weather until its done . We had to take a full race season off this year, so hopefully we can still find time to get some local desert rides in. Maybe hit the MX for practice from time to time .Its been very hard on all of us not racing this year .Kinda feel lost ... :(

I cannot wait to see my kids riding again and heck.. riding myself ! Its been much too long of a cold winter :n

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Motors boxed up and ready to ship for a full rebuild . Sick to my stomach on paying this kind of money for motor work but what can ya do...lol
Im sooo happy for my Boy ! Hopefully we wont miss any nice weather until its done . We had to take a full race season off this year, so hopefully we can still find time to get some local desert rides in. Maybe hit the MX for practice from time to time .Its been very hard on all of us not racing this year .Kinda feel lost ... :(

I cannot wait to see my kids riding again and heck.. riding myself ! Its been much too long of a cold winter :n
I kinda no how ya feel, Ive been down since June of last year.. Got her going once just before Christmas , got about 20 min or so on her & found out my sleeve had sunk & coolent was getting in the radiator & in the combustian chamber...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dang... that sucks :( Im sorry.

We still will need to do a few things ,such as a new radiator ( going to get something different ) and a spindle. Then ,she should be lookin real good .
It could use a new coat of paint , but I think we might skip that this year . My Daughter could use a fresh top end herself so the prudy stuff will have to wait this time .lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
what work are you having done to the raptor Quadjunkies?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were sending it to Rage . Hes going to go through it from top to bottom.
Were building more of a longevity motor - if there really is such a thing. LOL
More grunt and pull harder .. Also trying a new Carb. the 33mm was just too hard to jet with such a huge variation in elevations .
I sure wish I still had access to a dyno when its done . Id love to get a comparison on what we had last season with this new motor .

·
Registered
197 Posts
did you go to a 30mm carb? thats what I have and haven't been able to test it out yet, I do live in Montana so I hope I won't have elevation problems

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant remember which one dee was going to put on it but i know its off the dirt bike.

When we travel racing we range everywhere from under sea level to 4500 above. We raced one year that was 7000 . Temps range from low 30s to 110 . That 33mm carb worked well but was a nightmare to have to jet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotta tell ya guys... if you need to ship anything off to get fixed - do it NOW !
Shipping prices have got soooo high due to rising fuel costs . It doesnt help we live in Idaho and this had to go to Texas,but still almost 200 bones to ship round trip.Wish we could have sent it two weeks ago instead of today. UGH..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TICK TOCK..... TICK TOCK.....

Still no motor and at this point, my Boy will not be racing WORCS next month. no ETA when it will be home .BUMMER .... :(
Had hoped it would be home in time for my Boys 14th Bday this wk end and planned to do a ride .

·
Registered
608 Posts
i hear ya on the gas prices!!!! have not been able to aford to take justin raceing for a month now! his bike is just sitting in the garage waiting to race:(, and i sold my 08 xt250, and my 660grizz, and traded the wifes kodiak for a yfz450 so he can aleast ride around the house:(, also thinking of canceling our vacation cruise:mad: just really puttin a hurtin on the economy. all the extra money goes to [email protected]%kin gas!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its a real pisser to say the least. But hey... all is good.. shouldnt effect the economy or anything, right ?! LOL !

Well things should be buttoned up tomorrow of the next day . Looks like we might possibly need to buy a new oil pump as it may have been a part of the problem to begin with . i think Troy said they are testing it to make sure but may have failed us .
also changed out the bottom and top main bearings . Id really like to throw a new radiator on it but timing is off since were on a crunch for time . This has to be the most expensive quad build we have done . This thing is worth a buttload now . LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aside of the cases and a few odds and ends that are small... I literally dont think anything original is on it anymore . LOL!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today as test and tune .... Carb and new intake took a little figuring out, but I think were there .
Tomorrow was supposed to be his day to put in some lap, but thanks to Mother Nature,not sure if thats goign to happen now before the race . :(
What do ya do... lol
At least we got the heat cycles in and shes ready to RIP ! BRRRAPPP!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts