Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just finished my jet and exhaust project, now im running a 07 350, FMF powercore header, Powerbomb 4 slip-on, and dynojet jet kit. the dynojet kit was weird tho, it suggested for a raptor with stock exhaust a size 128 and with upgraded a 132. i thought the size was weird considering the stock on there was a 142.5. so i put in the 132 dynojet provided with the new pin. i ran it and it rean pretty good :) adjusted the idle and it was great, ran a tiny bit rich (noticed a little puffs of smoke out exhaust) but thats fine. please somebody explain why dynojet had me put in a 132? O:

·
Registered
19 Posts
well i just finished my jet and exhaust project, now im running a 07 350, FMF powercore header, Powerbomb 4 slip-on, and dynojet jet kit. the dynojet kit was weird tho, it suggested for a raptor with stock exhaust a size 128 and with upgraded a 132. i thought the size was weird considering the stock on there was a 142.5. so i put in the 132 dynojet provided with the new pin. i ran it and it rean pretty good :) adjusted the idle and it was great, ran a tiny bit rich (noticed a little puffs of smoke out exhaust) but thats fine. please somebody explain why dynojet had me put in a 132? O:
You have a Mikuni carb. Dynojet and Mikuni use a different numbering system which can be confusing. It doesn't matter what you use, as long as you got the jetting right. Just don't run lean, you'll blow your bike up. ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
DynoJet and Mikuni don't use the same method of measuring jet sizes. What may be a 132 in Dynojet, is probably like a 155 Mikuni (just a guess on sizes, don't take my word for it.) Don't worry about it running a little rich.. It's actually better to run air cooled engines more on the rich side. It will keep the engine temps down a little, and won't allow it to over heat. And considering the 350 doesn't have an oil cooler, you can use all the help you can get to prevent the engine temps from creeping up too high.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DynoJet and Mikuni don't use the same method of measuring jet sizes. What may be a 132 in Dynojet, is probably like a 155 Mikuni (just a guess on sizes, don't take my word for it.) Don't worry about it running a little rich.. It's actually better to run air cooled engines more on the rich side. It will keep the engine temps down a little, and won't allow it to over heat. And considering the 350 doesn't have an oil cooler, you can use all the help you can get to prevent the engine temps from creeping up too high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.