Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DC7BBEC2-4DEA-4338-86CF-16036771871A.jpeg
24156696-D19A-4DFC-AA3A-994DDC6AC9C8.jpeg
75686F6F-725D-44BF-A0D1-D15F4236D2BF.jpeg
2EA80B33-5048-405D-85D1-FC67FFD38F89.jpeg
ADA68ECF-42AB-4E0C-A0ED-0FECEEABE7E5.jpeg

Finished up the plastidip and stuck on the decals. Was short on time and managed to do it all in 24 hours. Turned out better than expected for my first time “painting” anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, carbon fiber vinyl looks amazing on a matte finish. Wish I had some better pictures but just headed back to school and won’t see her for a month 😢. At least when I do it’ll be at Glamis🤪

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my guess is not too long, but I’m thinking that touching up problem areas as they appear should help. I don’t plan on riding many tight trails either so the plastics shouldn’t get much abuse.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If your going to glamis, they are literally going to get sandblasted. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the sand is definitely gonna be hard on the bottom side of the rear fenders, but smoothies on the front should keep the important stuff from getting blasted too much. Never tried hydro dipping, I was originally gonna do that but since I just wanted a solid color I would just paint them. If the plastidip doesn’t last that’s what I’ll do, but I love the finish and feel of the plastidip

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Have you ever tried hydro dipping the plastics?
Hydro graphics hold up very well if they aren’t taking impacts from branches and boots. My girlfriends bike has the plastic painted, sealed, hydro dipped, and sealed again. It’s been 2 years and theres no damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hydro graphics hold up very well if they aren’t taking impacts from branches and boots. My girlfriends bike has the plastic painted, sealed, hydro dipped, and sealed again. It’s been 2 years and theres no damage.
How much did it cost for everything?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,442 Posts
I can verify it looks fantastic, it won best in show at the North West Raptor Rally and still looked good the next year. And, yes, she rides it!

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
How much did it cost for everything?
It was under $400, for drag cut plastics and helmet. That was also including fixing a gouge I put in the plastic while trimming them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts