Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4th time out on new bike .... Long story short.... ... .... ... .... Ridding buddy said he could keep up with me... Had to prove him wrong.... Going to fast.... Came to a sharp turn :eek:.... put on rear brakes.... not slowing down fast enough.... trees approaching :help:.... slam on front brakes as I'm begining left hand turn.... front of the bike does a deep deep deep nose dive... ... I superman off the bike to the right... hit the trees and bushes :'(... oooohhhh nooo... bike is rolling end over end twords me fast.... Rappy deceides to come to a rest on my legs... who said these things were light? ? ? ? ... ... sharp pain in chest... am I still breathing... who cares... is my Rappy all right? .... 30 seconds later my buds finally catch up... I yell get the rappy, get the rappy..."are you ok"... who cars... get the rappy! ... ...

The only damage to the bike was the handle bars were bent down and we were able to pull them back up. I still have an super sharp pain in my chest... it really really hurts when I cough or sneeze. If It does not get better soon I'll go see a doctor... I guess.

What did I learn... Never, never, never slam on the front brakes on the rappy while turning... unless you are trying to learn to do a superman! ;)

:stupid:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go to the Dr. Those sharp pains are telling you something. You could even have air in your lungs, and that can be series.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ouch man sound like a broke rib to me and they suck for a few months. glad to here the rappy is ok. and I would replace the bars. nothing like hitting a jump on bent and straighted bars and they snap on you.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I think he means liquid and I also suggest you got get checked out. Better safe than sorry. You got those cute kids to think about :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
When i had my first quad (suzuki z400).... i hit a tree HARD... .had pains every time i took a breath, coughed, or sneezed.... I went to the doctor 3 days later, and i had three cracked ribs, and one rib WAY out of place that was making me hurt everytime i took a breath and everything..... So i would recommend going and getting checked out....
just my .02

Plattner

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
usually if something hurts when you take a breath it is a rib, I had a friend driving his sons little polaris 125 up on the back of the truck and it flipped back and landed on him and cracked 3 ribs. He said hurts to breath/couch/sneeze and sometimes swallow a big gulp... Might wanna invest in a chest protector, I got one for $35 I believe, may not be able to stop everything from hurting you but at least it helps

·
Registered
200 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I think he means liquid and I also suggest you got get checked out. Better safe than sorry. You got those cute kids to think about :thumbsup:
I was meaning more like a colasped lung. I had one and it's basicly air in your lung. Hurt every time I took a breath. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey birddog

You spend way too much time posting and not enough time riding. That’s your problem right there. :lol: :lol: Seriously go get a chest x-ray tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be okay.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... I'm actually impressed with your replies... I was expecting more post about how stupid I was in the first place. If the chest does not get better soon I'll go to see the doc. I just hate to go unless I know it's something real.

I was on the river once and my foot fell through a broken wooden plank on a dock. My foot got cut up pretty bad. When I got home my wife wanted to take a look… She freaked out! She said "Your foot… it's turning green... your foot is going to fall off"! (There were some green specks of something inside the cuts on the foot.) She made me go to the urgent care center. When I got in to see the doc... he got some tweezers and pulled out some green lint from the cuts followed by the question... “did you put on green socks after you cut your foot?” Boy did I feel stupid... I went to the doc because I had green sock lint in my foot... ... So now I only go when I am absolutely sure that it is necessary.

·
Registered
596 Posts
experienced the same pain from a crash......possible bruised, cracked, or broken rib..........sucky thing theres nothin they can do. it will just heal itself. hurts like a mofo doesnt it.....i dont wish ribs on anyone one of you guys if you havent experienced it yet

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Hey guys,
I am new to this site also. I am really impressed with the replys too. I am sure I will be posting alot of crashes myself soon. Seriously bro, see a doc for your chest. I rather feel silly for going then having somethiong more serious. Take care, get better and go ride.

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah i ended up wit h5 broken, collapsed lung, chipped a bone near my spine and 12 weeks outta work......doin about 20 mph.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
GE4x4 said:
pile0g00 said:
I was meaning more like a colasped lung. I had one and it's basicly air in your lung. Hurt every time I took a breath. ;)
I'm no doctor GE, but I think air is supposed to be in your lungs. Things get bad when air gets trapped outside the lung in the pleural cavity between the ribcage and lungs, forcing the lung to collapse. This can be caused by a pucture (see the movie 'Three Kings', very graphic) or an impact.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You gettin new bars now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Machy said:
usually if something hurts when you take a breath it is a rib, I had a friend driving his sons little polaris 125 up on the back of the truck and it flipped back and landed on him and cracked 3 ribs. He said hurts to breath/couch/sneeze and sometimes swallow a big gulp... Might wanna invest in a chest protector, I got one for $35 I believe, may not be able to stop everything from hurting you but at least it helps
i second the chest protector i got a real cool one from thor in a real nice yamaha blue
i always wear it when i ride
i make it a habit along with the helmet
these this are fast
helmet and chest protector are simple no brainers!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
ouch dude, glad to hear your injuries arent as bad as they could have been! I count my lucky stars every time seeing as how i havent wrecked my rappy yet (knock on wood :lol:). Had a few close calls but nothing yet! (one more time...). Hmm, i think im going to go start a thread on bad atv wrecks now... Be safe bud!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeremy said:
Your message hurt my brain.

Periods are your friends. Please don't abuse them.
uhhh.... I was trying to be dramatic with my writting style. Sorry I hurt your brain. :3question:

I'm not sure if I'll be getting new bars yet. I need to take a closer look. I'm not sure if they are bent or if they were just pushed down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts