Raptor Forum banner

First District win!

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  tls90lx 
#1 ·
We have been racing quads for a little over 2 years, but this is the first year for running district. We are running 90-125 Semi Stock class and Austin doubled up this weekend winning on Friday and Sunday. Their was only two quads in his class this weekend, but the points leader was there and they raced HARD! Some of the best racing I had ever seen. They both wanted it every lap and neither never let up...Not the best picts, just took them with my cell...for how close they were racing and battling it was tough to take pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, He was really pumped...Both kids are on almost stock Raptor 125s, and both have out rode the Drr's and Apex's at previous races. It was fun to see a showdown between the two. They are heading into round 5 of the series points both with two wins now...Gonna be an exciting next three races to see who gets it at the end.

#5 · (Edited)
Internal eng mods are ok, just cant exceed 125cc. Have to use the stock carb though. Its 100% stock as of now except removed the spark arrestor ( have to run stock exhaust ) With the exception of the internal eng mods, the rest of the rules are pretty tight. You can change wheels, tires, shocks, bars, nerfs , remove air box lid and that's about it. Which is nice to try and help keep the cost within reason. Youth quad classes up here really struggle.

#6 ·
That's awesome. That's a good picture of him the bike and the trophies

#12 ·
Thank you, He has had a lot of wins previously in the 90 Rec class at non district events, But he was really pumped about getting these wins since moving up to the 125 class, being district races and he really rode hard for them!

#7 ·
I think the stock engine thing is great these are young kids racing it's hard for a parent to put out thousands and thousands for mod after mod just so there kid can be competitive. .
Great thing your doing with your son..!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

#11 · (Edited)
I agree 100% I wish the sanctions would try and keep the classes tighter on the rules, I think it would help the sport grow a little. Ive always been a bike guy and the classes are pretty strong for us, but quads have struggled and I think a lot of its the cost the steers people away. I see parents try and push their kids into the bikes vs quads due to this...Including me! My kids tried bikes, wasn't for them so ill stand behind them 100% on quads...I just like being out at the track with them racing...no better way to spend a weekend!

#8 ·
I agree, it's pretty cool that they don't allow you to go crazy on your machine. I was doing a little research, I can get a high compression piston and I can port the head out when you you think he is ready, nothing crazy, just a little bump in power. You take care of the piston and I'll take care of the port work, nothing makes me happier than seeing a kid racing!

Brandon

#10 ·
Thank you very much! I agree as well about the class keeping the rules restricted. Its tough for middle class people to go out and try and race people that are better off that can build a 10-15k quad. A rider can only make up so much time with skill on a quad. Its not like MX bikes were a 250 can run with a 450 with skill. We are going to run it stock this season, Then this winter do a little bit to it. I hear the Cam, Piston and porting can almost double the HP on these things.

#13 ·
Coming from rather humble beginnings myself, I can relate 100%. The "rich kids" always had the cool toys and the fastest stuff. This is a main reason that I try so hard to keep my prices as reasonable as possible and when I can, I try to give back, even when I might be cutting it close on the bills. I will push my personal bikes to the side and move customers to the front of the line, even if it's a pro bono job. It's what the sport needs. Helping the kids out makes me so happy, even if it's just letting them out run my bike by a couple of bike lengths pass after pass, I can only image the stories they tell their parents on the way home!

So this winter, don't be afraid to give me a call and see what I can do to help.

Brandon

#17 ·
That's awesome! Congrats. I know the feeling you are talking about. Nervous and excited all at the same time. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack the last district race of the season when the championship came down to one moto and my son pulled out a nail biter.

#18 ·
Thanks, So far it looks like its going to be the two boys chasing the points championship...their is 3 races left in the season for district points, They both have two wins now and Austin is two points down. I'm thinking the next three races will be nail biters LOL...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.