Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the first oil change on my son's Raptor 250, but after adding the new oil and getting ready to install the dipstick, we noticed some stringy (egg white) looking stuff floating on top of the oil. The oil we drained looked fine...?? Not sure what I should do at this point - (run it, or drain the oil.....again!).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would flush it. Is it water in the oil?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about.. I always see these little white things floating in my oil but no matter how hard you try they will never come out, and you will never see them when you dump the oil, but they will reappear in your new oil. I honestly think you are seeing a reflection of something in your oil. I have this same problem and i have just left it and nothing has happened. I would just leave it. Unless you can actually feel these little things when you put your finger or a towel or something in the oil trying to get it out....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Usually white stuff in the oil means some type of moisture, it could have been condensation or something, then again probably not. I think it should be fine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the oil again yesterday and didn't see anything. Fired-up the quad and let it run for about 5 minutes. Let it cool down and checked the oil again and everything looked good...?? Don't know what it is (or was)..?? I've never seen that before..?? Perhaps it was residual machining oil from parts fabrication, and took a little while to blend in with the new oil...?? I really doubt it was water. If it was water, I would have still seen it the following morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts