Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I picked up my first raptor about a week ago! I’m in Nairobi Kenya and picked it up from someone who was leaving the country,

Since picking it up it has been riding then juddering and cutting out. Then it’s difficult to get it started again without waiting for some time at the side of the road

I have no idea what the problem is. I have changed the air filter to a k&n one not a mod just the one K&n make for the raptor, cleaned the carb, done a fuel injection flush, added new oil in. My mechanic said the valves were super tight so loosened them but it’s still cutting out when say riding up a hill or driving for a while.

What do I do next??

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Best bet being a new bike is to clean the carbs thoroughly and mark down what the jetting is. Post back results, maybe look in the 350 sub forum as well. I placed a sticky there showing what OEM should be.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,598 Posts
I would suspect the gas cap vent isn't working properly. You should be able to blow in. A bad vent would build a vacuum in the tank and prevent or slow fuel flow.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies and thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

The gas cap is working fine. My mechanic said the valves were too tight so loosened but still the same issue! Changed the spark plug, cleaned the carb! Its a damn shame that this is my first quad as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts