Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WENT TO SILVER LAKE SAND DUNES THIS LAST COUPLE OF DAYS AND WAS ALL TO IMPRESSED WITH THESE EXHAUST. SOUND IS AWSOME POWER IS INCREDIBLE THANKS TO RAPTOR RANDY MAPPING IS SPOT ON. THIS THING PULLS LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN. BEAT RAPTORS WITH FOLOWING MODS ALL HAD PCIII AND INTAKES, DR D ,MANY HMF'S,TWO BROTHERS WITH FMF HEADER,WHITE BROTHERS E2. THESE ALL HAD CLOSE TO THE SAME MODS AS ME WITH SAME PADDLES. MOST WINS WERE 3-6 LENGHTHS IN 100-150 YARD FLAT SAND DRAGS. ONLY DOWN FALL OF THE TRIP WAS ME BEING A SMART ASS AND DOING A 12 O CLOCK WHEELIE AND HITTING REAR BRAKE TO LATE AND REAR OF CANS WENT INTO SAND AND I STOPPED AND CHECKED AND NO BIGGIE RIGHT. WRONG IT CRACKED THE FRONT RIGHT HEAD PIPE AROUND THE WELD AT THE HEADER TO PORT SPOT. IT WAS JUST HANGING THERE. BUT A LOCAL SHOP HAD I TIG AND I WAS ABLE TO RIDE ON. BUT I WOULD HAVE NOT THOUGHT IT WOULD CRACK FROM RESULT OF THAT? THINK I SHOULD CALL LTE OR WAS IT MY FAULT?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: FIRST RIDE WITH LTE EXHAUST AND RANDYS MAP, LOVE THEM EVEN THOUGH I HAD TROUBLE

Your fault. They arent ment to be drug through the sand and dirt.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: FIRST RIDE WITH LTE EXHAUST AND RANDYS MAP, LOVE THEM EVEN THOUGH I HAD TROU

Turn the goddamn caps lock off.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: FIRST RIDE WITH LTE EXHAUST AND RANDYS MAP, LOVE THEM EVEN THOUGH I HAD TROUBLE

5-6 lengths huh, that means you can run side by side with a big bore stroked yfz, because thats what my buddy has and he beats me by about 6 lengths

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

it all depended on the launch we all got. but ya 2-3 lenghts over equally modded and paddled 700 with single exhaust yes. also my best friends 2006 yfz with all bolt on mods, cam mod, white brothers carbon pro, esr intake,ultra lights can beat me by 3-4 and i give up 140 lbs.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

TDSRAPTORBOY said:
it all depended on the launch we all got. but ya 2-3 lenghts over equally modded and paddled 700 with single exhaust yes. also my best friends 2006 yfz with all bolt on mods, cam mod, white brothers carbon pro, esr intake,ultra lights can beat me by 3-4 and i give up 140 lbs.

Glad to hear your happy with the LTE's and the Map. It's fun beating up on other 700's and some of the bolt on YFZ's aint it 8) The yfz's have gave me way closer races than the other 700R's I've come up against ;) Now you need to think about a +4'' swingarm so you don't bust up them pretty LTE's any more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ya i think with a swingarm i could run with my buddys 450 but i love the map and the pipes. thanks for all your help randy. and for getting me away from the single pipes. there is a distinct difference.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

Not a problem, glad I could be of some help 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts

Randy,
Where did you get your swingarm? Also what did you do about your back shock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CALLED LTE AND TOLD THEM THE TRUTH AND NOT THAT I WAS JUST RIDING AROUND AND HEADER CRACKED. THEY SENT ME A WHOLE NEW HEAD PIPE NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THIS IS A STAND UP COMPANY AND NOTHING BUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. WOULDNT BUY ANY OTHER PIPE

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

TXRaptor700R said:
Randy,
Where did you get your swingarm? Also what did you do about your back shock?

I got my swing arm from T-dub Racing http://www.tdubracing.com/tdubracing.html

I gave my rear shock to a buddy who races and he sent it to the guy who does his shocks.

I had to crank the pre load down and play with the compression dampening and rebound settings to get it dialed in. Now I can run thru the woops wide open when racing the hill at the dunes and it doesn't beat me up a bit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Randy,
With the 4" swing arm can you ride a wheelie in second or third gear on hard pavement? I was thinking of getting the swing arm but I like to ride third gear wheelies also.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
TXRaptor700R said:
Randy,
With the 4" swing arm can you ride a wheelie in second or third gear on hard pavement? I was thinking of getting the swing arm but I like to ride third gear wheelies also.

I can ride 3rd gear wheelies in the sand no problem. As far as pavment goes, I never even take the sand tires off anymore. Safer that way ;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
TXRaptor700R said:
Randy,
With the 4" <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=swing arm" onmouseover="window.status='swing arm'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">swing arm</a> can you ride a wheelie in second or third gear on hard pavement? I was thinking of getting the swing arm but I like to ride third gear wheelies also.

I can ride 3rd gear wheelies in the sand no problem. As far as pavment goes, I never even take the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=sand tires" onmouseover="window.status='sand tires'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">sand tires</a> off anymore. Safer that way ;)
Smart move :thumbsup:

·
Registered
684 Posts
TDSRAPTORBOY said:
CALLED LTE AND TOLD THEM THE TRUTH AND NOT THAT I WAS JUST RIDING AROUND AND HEADER CRACKED. THEY SENT ME A WHOLE NEW HEAD PIPE NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THIS IS A STAND UP COMPANY AND NOTHING BUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. WOULDNT BUY ANY OTHER PIPE
Randy from LTE is a realy good guy to deal with I think they have great cust service, and they make a great product

·
Registered
1 Posts
TDSRAPTORBOY said:
I live in uk and bought the said exhaust from a dealer over here, my header pipe cracked on it's own and i had loads of trouble getting a replacement they said i had over tightened the cylinder bolts!!! Think i'll ring Lte myself if it happens again!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts