Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took it out today for a real test ride. Went to Big Rock in Maysville with some friends. We had a good time, and I'm glad to be back into the sport, I was crazy to have ever sold my other quad in the first place...

As for the 660, it ran, but has some issues. I was leading the way, and about 10 minutes into the ride we came to this hill that had some slate stair steps. As I started climbing them the quad started blubbering and sputtering. I got stuck on this one, and it just didn't want to take gas. I would ease into it, and as I'd release the clutch it would fall on it's face. Seemed like it was loading up, they said it smelled real rich, and was puffing black smoke. I managed to sputter on up that hill and came out on top where we took a break. Checked my airbox and there was gas in it.

The rest of the day, it ran fine most of the time. But every time we got on a rough section or rough hill, it would start the loading up and sputtering. Also about halfway through the day, the idle got faster. When returning to idle, it would sort of surge and gradually idle down.

Here is the setup:

UM Airbox with Pro Design foam filter, and Outerwears lid
#25 Pilot Jets, Vito's screws 1.5T out on both, Vito's needles on 3rd clip, 155L, 160R.
Full Yoshi exhaust with spark arrestor insert.

Any ideas?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Where you from? I ride big rock a lot I'm in Cincinnati.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I would think you need at least another 1/2 to one full turn out on the A/F screws, 1.5 just wasn't enough for me when I was setting my bike up. Thoughts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also when I rebuilt the carbs, I didn't remove that small diaphram chamber on the side of the left carb. I used two cans of carb cleaner, and didnt have acess to compressed air to blow out the passages. What does tha small chamber do, and could that be the source of the problem???

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spider-Lōc;1022830 said:
Where you from? I ride big rock a lot I'm in Cincinnati.
I'm from Lexington, saw several other raptors up there this past Sunday. They've really improved that park latley!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm from Lexington, saw several other raptors up there this past Sunday. They've really improved that park latley!
I've heard did they build a drag strip there or no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts