Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.... I just got home from the first ride with the Raptor....all I can say is wow.....i mean WOW!! :p Good suspension, great brakes, and the power :eek:...All you have to do is flick your thumb and away you go........woohoo.......left the kids in the dust all day. Now the little shit wants to go next weekend too.......I'm so fricken sore I can hardly move....

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sounds like a great day of riding. If you don't come home sore, you didn't ride hard enough. A couple of Advils and you'll be good to go next weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The first ride is always awsome, a couple beers and no more soreness

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know after my first ride I was pretty sore too. I have only went riding twice on it. I just got mine Friday before last. I have yet to experience all the power though. It was hard for me to hook up in the sand so my wheels kept spinning on take offs and when I goosed it. Next weekend I'm hitting the trails. I'm sure it will be night and day difference comared to the dunes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
007ROTPAR said:
Hey all.... I just got home from the first ride with the Raptor....all I can say is wow.....i mean WOW!! :p Good suspension, great brakes, and the power :eek:...All you have to do is flick your thumb and away you go........woohoo.......left the kids in the dust all day. Now the little shit wants to go next weekend too.......I'm so fricken sore I can hardly move....
Oh ya gotta love it. I'd go every weekend if possible :thumbsup: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
007ROTPAR said:
This past weekend was my first ride. (Sat. and Sun.) Let me tell you I was sore. But then to make things worse Monday night I started running a bad fever that lasted till Wed. night. So this has been a really bad first week. :(

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
vermin99 said:
Sounds like a great day of riding. If you don't come home sore, you didn't ride hard enough. A couple of Advils and you'll be good to go next weekend.
I keep telling my wife that.... if your not sore you didn't ride hard enough :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

Congrats on your new ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The more riding the less sore you get.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Der, I was about to say you spelled Raptor wrong then realized the whole thing was backwards...lol.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The first time I rode, I rode for like 8 hours straight, and came back with huge blisters on the exact same spots, on both hands. Didnt have gloves >.<

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The first ride is all memories. I still remember my first ride. It was a blast. Then I just stared at the raptor because I still couldn' belive I got one. Glad yours was safe.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I remember mine like it was yesterday.
We went to an area in Hesperia CA that we found on the web. I let my friend go for a spin on it since his chain broke 30 min into the ride, he was gone forever. I was getting worried, it turns out a helicopter clocked him going 60 and 2 cop cars came- they threatend to take my quad and auction it, and handed him a nice pamplet that said "ride where you like, loose your bike" ...turns out it was a closed area. After he explained we drove 2 hours to get there and found it on a list of riding areas and advised them had we knowen we woulda went somewhere else they let him go. My tags we in my pocket, so he had no proof it wasn't stolen,and he had no ID on him, And since he is mexican the first thing they asked was "what gang are you with". Needless to say as soon as he got back we loaded up and got the flup outa there. It wasn't a very fun first ride. Well the 30 min of riding I did was fun, but I hadn't even made my first payment. so I woudla been crying pretty bad if I lost my quad....

·
Registered
496 Posts
glad you had a good first ride :thumbsup:

^^^^that would of sucked if they took your raptor.

maybe we should make a thread were people share there first ride stories.? what ya think

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
My first ride on my raptor was in my neighborhood. Exhaust was stock at the time so no one even noticed I was out there till I started dragging the grab bar on the road looking for the balance point on the damn thing :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts