Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I'm new to the board. I have a stock 06 700 and I'm going to be doing my first trip on the Baja the first week of February. I'm one of four quads amongst about 20 total bike riders going. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on things I need to have or would be nice to have down on the Baja. We are going to be riding about 6 days and I've been told around 1100 miles. I've been reading up a lot on the board...so much info...just awesome.

Thanx in advance,
Craig

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yea, don't get jacked. I live close to Mexico and last I heard Fedarallie's just caught some gang warlord and there's some gang war for control now. I also heard that you can't get across the border without a passport now either. But if you make it down there let me know how it goes, Good Luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well make sure you have all your paperwork in order (Registration, Insurance, Passport). Try not to have lots of cash in your pockets ( stash some in a safe place) don't drink the tap water, stay away from the street hookers (find a massage parlor) :rofl: just have fun and be cool. 8)
"Cause don't nobody wanna go to jail in messyco" - Martin Lawrence

P.S. Be safe, if I remember anything else. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Make sure you have a full set of skid plates. If you haven't yet, get a softer set of grips. Oh and a good set of riding pants, 'cuz your ass and hands are gonna be hurting. :lol:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do several of these trips per year, happy ot have ongoing conversation about it because I love it. Our trips are typically three days and roughly 450 miles each. Most of the riding is from Ensenada to, and all around, San Felipe. You will absolutely love it! Couple of comments:

Have a plan for flat tires, it is not if, but when you will get the flat. Especially if you a running the stock tires.

Bring and extra masterlink for the chain and the tools to install it.

Make sure you have all of your safety gear. Things happen quickly at high speed.

Someone else mentioned skid plates, great idea.

Whatever money you can put into the quad before you go should all relate to suspension. I took a trip when I first got my Raptor on stock suspension, and then after I added front shocks and a steering damper it made a world of difference! Absolutley no comparison! You are talking about a huge amount of miles to spend in the saddle, make the investment. Out trips typically involve two seperate days riding for 9 hours on each day, with a play around day in the middle of about 5 hours. As much as I love it down there, I do not know if I would go again without an upgraded suspension and a steering damper.

Hope this helps. By the way, where will you be riding?

One last thought, to have an opportunity to ride the second day, you have to make it through the first day. Don't ride over your head, be smart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.