Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know if there's a place that you can order or get just the filberglass 1/4" flagstick for a few bucks cheaper than with the flag on it? I have plenty of flags, my flagsticks for some reason get a few inches shorter whenever I roll my quad. For some reason I like to roll it whenever I go duning. sometimes my fatass gets in the way and busts the flag off anyways. Just was wondering if I could get them cheaper without the flag on it? thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I lost the flag off mine. I couldn't find any good flag, so I bought a whole new setup. You can have my old pole, if you're near So. Cal. It's white.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Which dunes do you guys ride at?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anybody every use the "Pop-it" flag mounts or anything similar. They are supposed to break away when you roll you quad so your flag pole doesn't break. I've never used them but it sounds like a good idea cause paying $22 for a new whip everytime I roll is getting old!

·
Registered
146 Posts
home depot prolly has fiberglass rods cut to legth.
you may have to rig it a little to make it fit, i wouldnt know
i have never seen one, being that i ride private property.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My flag is just made out of a wooden dowell with yellow paint on it. You could probably just get a wooden dowell at any hard ware store. I also have a flag grabber quick release for my flag, I love it. You don't have to worry about wrenches, and if you break it off you can just pull out the broke piece and put your flag back in.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
ivinsoffroad said:
My flag is just made out of a wooden dowell with yellow paint on it. You could probably just get a wooden dowell at any hard ware store. I also have a flag grabber quick release for my flag, I love it. You don't have to worry about wrenches, and if you break it off you can just pull out the broke piece and put your flag back in.
Wouldn't last long with me, especially when I use the flag to start the drag races. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Dude, I've gone through probably 100+ fiberglass flags over the years (when one of mine breaks we use it on our Honda Pilots cause they sit higher, a shorter flag is fine...), but I have NEVER ONCE had to replace my steel whip. I've rolled my quad before and only had to bend the rod back into shape works great, I've had the same one for like 4 years. I'd never buy anything else. :thumbsup:

I'm with you maddog, a wooden dowel would last me until about 5 minutes into the first trail ride...(with luck)

·
Registered
430 Posts
unclesharty said:
Anybody every use the "Pop-it" flag mounts or anything similar. They are supposed to break away when you roll you quad so your flag pole doesn't break. I've never used them but it sounds like a good idea cause paying $22 for a new whip everytime I roll is getting old!
my buddy and i run with the pop-it flags and they work like their suppose to, i've only seen 1 break, and its becuase the quad didnt roll like its suppose to it more so fell of a very steep hill and landed directly on its top haha, but ya pop-its are worth the money, i would recommend it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts