Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i just saw a post on this but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Whats it mean when the reverse light is flashing while riding? any info or help to find another post would be great thanks :banana_hitit:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
search "reverse light" in the 660 categories.

If the limiter isn't acting up when it goes on, you're overheating.
If you're in neutral you're idling too high.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't intend on hijacking this thread but I also have a similar problem. I understand that the indicator will flash if the engine is idling over 2500 rpm for more than 5 seconds but mine started to flash as soon as I started my motor yesterday and also when I rode through some water. If I put a ground on the reverse switch as stated in the attached link would this clear the problem or do I have a deeper problem that I need to start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php/topic,6673.0.html

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
If you're bike isn't displaying any of the properties of an engaged rev limiter then grounding the wire probably wil not do the trick. If your bike is stumbling, I'd check the reverse sensor plug near the shift lever for connectivity as it can easily come loose.

The comment about the water crossing leads me to believe that it's a bad connection, so if it were me I'd start going through my wiring. When you check your connections clean them and fill them with dilectric grease which will help prevent water and dirt from getting into the leads.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome, thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not believe the rev limiter is acting up. also no overheating as it is cold out and will go on after a few minutes of riding and will give a steady blink. Any other suggestions? :help:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
mine would flicker and then stay on for a bit and then go off for a bit andthen do it all over again at anytime it wanted for however how it wanted to do it for check for bad wires or poor connections?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all connections seem to be in good condition. just change the oil last night and hasnt come on since... got a full day of riding planed for tommarow. ill post up if the light comes back on :beer:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The green/white wire slips on a terminal post by the front sprocket, if it slides on too easily there may be a connection problem. I was able to take a pliers and squeeze the connector some and distorte the copper (or whatever the material is) inside the plastic boot that goes over the post sticking out the case. Try a little pressure and see if it fits better, tighter that is. You have to be carefull not to squeeze to hard and collapse the ring inside, just distorte it some.
Or just ground the green wire to the motor, cdi won't know it's in reverse, no light anymore either.

FullBore660rLE said:
also no overheating as it is cold out
If your jetting is right on for warm weather you could be lean in the cold and the motor will run hot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.