Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
IF it's flashing at a fixed, repeating rate - about 1/2 sec on, 1/2 sec off, there's two other reasons:

1) If when in neutral, idle speed is too high for too long or you've been revving it too much.

2) If while riding in gear, speed sensor is unplugged or neutral switch stuck on or wire shorted to frame(does your neutral light stay on in gear? - this would be the stuck switch or wire shorted)

If it's flickering intermittently, your reverse switch wire's connection (in your case to ground) is loose.

·
Registered
521 Posts
mine flickers but its because the front brake lever is a little loose and vibrates against the switch causing it to think the brake is being pulled...

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
mine flickers but its because the front brake lever is a little loose and vibrates against the switch causing it to think the brake is being pulled...
That would be your brake light, NOT the reverse light.

·
The All American
401 Posts
lol :) made me laugh!

·
Registered
521 Posts
That would be your brake light, NOT the reverse light.
touche...
for some unknown reason i thought the topic was flashing BRAKE light...
well, if his brake light ever starts to flash he knows one thing to check first 8)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IF it's flashing at a fixed, repeating rate - about 1/2 sec on, 1/2 sec off, there's two other reasons:

1) If when in neutral, idle speed is too high for too long or you've been revving it too much.

2) If while riding in gear, speed sensor is unplugged or neutral switch stuck on or wire shorted to frame(does your neutral light stay on in gear? - this would be the stuck switch or wire shorted)

If it's flickering intermittently, your reverse switch wire's connection (in your case to ground) is loose.
Hey Quad, thanks for pointing me in the right direction again. It was the idle speed. I had to return the air box back to stock until I get the proper jets to go with the aftermarket filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts