Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some good brands but not to expensive???? i went racing today and did............ok.. i started 5th out of 7 in my heat race and ended 6th. my main i started 6th or last, because a guy DNF'ed in the heat race to make me last on the main race, but i ended up back in 5th.. so i didnt lose out, but need a sway bar really bad.. that bitch was hard to handle in stock trim..

·
Registered
340 Posts
You probably need to widen the bike out as well as get the sway bars. Check some other forums you'll find out what other flat trackers are running.

Frank

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
There are 3 big ones I know of:

Dura Blue
Rath Racing
Lonestar

I and most I race/ride with have used durablue for a very, very long time with good results. Rath is making some very good ones albiet a little more expensive at around 300 bucks. I've never had a Lonestar on my bike but a few friends on hondas haven't had any complaints. I'd probably go Rath (a little better build and adjustability IMO), then Dura blue then Lonestar just based on my experience, but they will all do what you need them to. Check in on the mounting systems for each before you buy, durablue and lonestar have a pretty cock-eyed way of mounting things up to the yamaha bikes but I'm not sure about Rath because I never had to mount one up myself.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was lookin at the durablue, but can only find one place to buy from other than their site, and they are 339 plus ship, was trying to find a cheaper place.. yes i do wanna widen it but have limited mone right now, so i figured a sway bar will help a little better for now. i also went to rath web site and they arent making them for the rappy, so i think they are out... i know i was fighting it all night last night being stock..

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I bought mine from Magicracing a couple years ago for 260 dollars, now the same darn thing is 340 at their site. Sorry bout that, didn't realize they went up.

Motocross Giant has them for 300 here:

http://www.motocrossgiant.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Durablue 66-553857&click=2

Since the DB is so much, I'd go with the Rath for 310:

http://www.rathracing.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=13

This guy has a Lonestar for 265 for a 250R, you might want to check around ebay for better prices on all of them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lone...250R-250R_W0QQitemZ120034683469QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know i might be a little difficult but, dura blue makes one specific to the 700. but will the universal work also? the one motogiant is selling? also on rath web site they dont list one for a universal but i did cross reference on dura blue site the same bar for the 700 is for the honda trx 450, but wondered if the rath racing honda trx450 will work also, may have to call them..

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
07raptorgytr said:
i know i might be a little difficult but, dura blue makes one specific to the 700. but will the universal work also? the one motogiant is selling? also on rath web site they dont list one for a universal but i did cross reference on dura blue site the same bar for the 700 is for the honda trx 450, but wondered if the rath racing honda trx450 will work also, may have to call them..
I'd give DB, Lonestar and Rath a call and see what they have to say, I've never put one on a 700R.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after looking my bike over i did notice one thing why the universal dura blue wont fit.. all of the listed quads that the universal wont fit all have piggyback shocks.. this included all raptors, yfz450, honda trx450r and trx400.. so i think iam screwed and have to buy the more expensive setup. a guy on ebay has a wide arm listed and said he could possible get others, i emailed him but havent gotten a response back yet, i hope i get it soon because race is in 2 weeks..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i finial found a place that sells the dura blue sway bar specific for the rappy 700. kandkatv.com. got it for 274 shipped but one problem........ it is on back order for about 2 weeks.. o well atleast i found one for a good price..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.