Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys when you change out the elastomers on the bars how much do you tighten them down. does two threads showing sound about right. just enough to snug them up? and also how do you position the bars to get the best performance? i mean do you try to set them with the pad flat? or would it it be best to tilt them back towards the rider some? does it not matter and just set them to personal preference?Thanks guys in advance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I do them up snug so when i push down on them lightly there is no movement.

I set mine up to personal preference. Mine are bent back slightly.

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
about 3 threads showing and personal preferance on both.Try till it feels best.:)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I just snug mine up without compressing the elastomers. I do it this way because I thought if the elastorem is already compressed it's not gonna work properly. Now that's just my method. I also run the rebound kit on mine so my elastomers flexx up and down

I like them like this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys I think I'll just tighten enough to where there isn't any play. I also feel if your compressing the elastomer you defeat the purpose

·
Registered
191 Posts
My bars only have one elastomer each side.
How do you add the one on the outside? Is it just a longer bolt?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah basically flexx co. sales the kit with double elastomers and the longer bolts. It's like 30 bucks shipped. Maybe cheaper if you're closer to them. It was a couple years ago I bought the kit. I bought the bars used and had them rebuilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts